How Well You Know People

D

Dmanmastertracker

-I was new to this site last year, but have been involved with a lot of sportsmens groups like this before, only not on the internet. I guess from what I've seen on this web site there's a lot of "assuming" that you know someone's value system based on if their a Democrat, or the geographic region they reside in. This seems to come up almost every day. Now I realize this web site originated in a certain geographic area and that's great, but how anyone would think it is productive to the hunting way of life to take a hard line with others based on geography, or political party affiliation is rediculous. I also don't have respect for people who have an issue with your views, but won't say anything to you, just blow off a bunch of PM's on what an a$$ you are to everyone else, spineless. I debate with my best friends all the time, it's healthy. What's not healthy, or productive is labeling someone based on one view they have, then closing your ears and brain to anything else they say. I guess my main point is that you just can't assume to know someone based on a couple e-mails, I know I sure wouldn't. I'll use this as an example. In a recent thread BC and myself debated quite a while back and forth. I didn't agree with him, but I respect him a hell of a lot more because he at least said what was on his mind and presented some good info.. I am always willing to listen to others views. Just needed to get that off my chest.
-D

D, I generally agree with your point. The bottom line from my perspective is that we as hunters can all benefit from exchanging ideas and sharing our points of view in a reasoned, non accusatroy and non-hostile way. The problem I see is when we as a group make personal attacks against each other and add fuel to the anti-hunting groups fire. I would hope that even when we find that differences exist between us we can reasonably agree to disagree, and even understand each others points of view. At the end of the day we are all toghether in the fight to keep and hold our hunting rights and traditions against the ever increasing anti-hunting movement. Jim

I agree with you Jim. The only time I have a serious disagreement with someone is if breaking the law is involved, like in a recent post about illegal ATV use. I have said there is a right way to use one and have no issue with using them within the law. The fact of the matter is the majority of the people I've physically seen using them during hunting season were breaking the law and ruining hunting for everyone else. That's just an example. But as far as differences like; your a Republican/ I'm a Democrat, big bucks vs. I'm a meat hunter, Dodge v. Chevy, whitetail v. muleys, etc. etc., we should all be able to have a sense of humor, or at least an agreement to reasonably disagree and remain a group of hunters with an important-common way of life.

One thing that I have learnt in life is that it's all in how the message is delivered. This holds true even on the net. Most people get beat up online because they don't know how to get their message across without seeming harsh, trollish, etc. This holds especially true when one is new to a particular board.

I always find humor to be an easy way into things. Besides, I generally stay out of many heated debates.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

Very true, not everyone has the same background, all the more reason you have to exercise a little more patience in this type of format. (Although spellcheck would ge a good addition to some posts.. lol), just kidding.

That one guy who was , oh that one year, remember back a few, gosh I forgot. darn!!!!

So, Woodruff, just so I'm not confused. On the other thread you said you agreed with what Kingfish said, that a true Democrat is a person who only votes Democrat all the time, no matter what their stance on the issues is. That's your definition, in your own words. So, you now say there is no such thing as non-partisan. Try and help me make some sense out of that please. Your saying that all people who vote only based on the issues are Republicans???? Show me some facts to back this up and I'll buy that waterfront real estate in Arizona from ya pard..

Dman,

Just so you know, I was just blowing a little smoke. I think there are crooked republicans and democrats. However, I do consider myself a republican.

However, I heard a speech from a democrat that I actually did like. It was the broadcast of the republican national convention. I believe it was Sen. Zell Miller of Georgia.

For me, looking at the big picture, IMO republicans are usually conservative and democrats are usually liberals. Therefore, I usually will vote republican. Enough said, I am putting myself to sleep.

"For me, looking at the big picture, IMO republicans are usually conservative and democrats are usually liberals. "

Dude that's a pretty profound! Are you sure you want to stick your neck out with a wild theory like that?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom