How wide is this one?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
How wide? Would you shoot an arrow at one like this?

2076dscn4601.jpg

5570dscn4598.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

I have always understood that a mature deer's eartips are 22 inches wide. I would say this guy is about 3 to 4 inches wider that his ears on each side. So, I would venture a guess at 28-30 inches outside spread. I would be very happy to arrow this buck!

I have his slightly bigger brother on my wall...

I'd shoot him. He looks like 27" wide and would score about 167"

Unless he's going in Muley Crazy, then he's a 190" buck... I kid I kid :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Agree. 26-27 and I' let him go for a year. Might not make it another year though because he's a nice buck.

He won't break 27 inches outside unless measured to the tip of his tail, but I would shoot him in a heartbeat. I hope someone does. Good luck.

26 1/2", though i have several similar, i'd have a hard time passing that guy up.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

SO many people get caught up in the width or the score. This buck is a gorgeous looking deer. He is damn near 100% symmetrical and has some great fronts on him.. he definitely has that great wall appeal look. I would go after him in a heart beat.

SnkyHuntr, +1, good post but i have a question for you. Would you feel the same way if you already had 6-8 similar or bigger bucks on the wall and you knew there were better bucks around?

Some guys don't need another really nice buck and are looking for something truly special.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom