Hoyt AlphaMax Feedback

LuckyShot

MMRs, I just got my new Hoyt AlphaMax 32 and I'm stoked to get shootin it!! Before I do, I want to hear from those of you that have already shot it. What did you think?? What do you now think and what have you heard? Let me know. Then I'll let you know what I think. Thanks in advance!

The ALPHA MAX is a great bow, so nice I bought two. Hope you enjoy your new 32.

I preferred the 35 but I like a bit longer bow. Smooth on the draw, almost shock free and has a great reputation for durability. Nice bow.

I like my AlphaMax Kip...although I'm shooting the 35 over the 32. I like a little longer axle-to-axle, seems more stable and I also like the string angle on a longer bow.

I think you'll be happy with it. I like the draw cycle, the wall, and the overall feel of the bow. Hoyt bows just seem to fit my eye/hand, I've been happy with them over the years. There are obviously more than just a handful of good bows on the market, and the AlphaMax is definitely one of them.

So now that you've switched over to the good side in archery, when can we expect you to pull out that driver on the golf course?! :)

Boy, thats a tough one! I loved my Mathews....had it for three years and never shot a bow better than I shot that, yet here I am on the "good side of archery" with a Hoyt again......so you never know what can happen. But good habits die hard, and I've got a pretty tight thing going with my 5 iron!

I chronographed my Alpha Max at 300 fps set up for hunting. That was with a 375 grain arrow and the bow set at 71 - 72 lbs. My Mathews was giving me 275 fps with the same set up, so there's no doubt that this Hoyt is faster. I just havent shot it enough yet to decide of it's smoother than the Mathews. Of course I know the AlphaMax is shorter and lighter, but I still am anxious to see how smooth it shoots compared with my old Mathews. Everything I've heard has been good though. Good to hear from you.

I don't think you'll notice much difference as far as feel goes at the shot...most bows these days, especially parallel limb bows, are pretty darn dead when you release the arrow. Pretty smooth.

The added speed definitely won't hurt, although for me 275 is still plenty fast (as is 300 obviously.) My 35 is shooting a 395 grain arrow at 296 fps. That is right at 70#, with a 29.5" draw length.

Like I said, I think you'll like the Hoyt. Although I don't know if you'll top some of the bucks you killed with that Mathews!

And you're right...old habits die hard. Keep bombing that 5-iron!!!

The Alphamax is one of the best designed hunting bows on the market today. I bought a 32 because I wanted a more compact hunting bow that was easy to shoot and relatively fast and accurate and quiet. The alphamax fits those requirements to a T. In addition you add Hoyts legendary build quality and warranty and you have the complete package in a hunting bow. Hoyt really did a great job with this bow and it shows in the engineering.

LOL how can I resist...

The Alphamax is IMO by far better than the other top of the line 2009 bows on the market. When you consider all aspects of what you want in a bow for hunting or target, the Alphamax has it all period!! Like backinthegame, I'm not a big speed nut either. I'm shooting 430 grain arrows at 275 fps and people continue to comment how fast it is everytime I'm at the range, 275 is fast whether there's a faster bow out there or not(that's a quarter of the speed of sound). I think due to how much more quiet the Alphamax is, it appears faster...

~Z~

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom