huge colorado buck!

If the guy happened to be coincidentally hunting in the area, and didn't know anything about this buck, then smoked him, at least I could say it was an honest hunt. We all know that somebody from the lynchmob called him, and told him about this buck...

"Hey, I know where a big buck is. People have been taking his pic for the last three years, and he usually hangs out on the private in a subdivision. Maybe if we get lucky, we could catch him on public, and in a spot so that if you miss, the bullet doesn't go through someone's window. When can you be here?"

>How is this any different than
>the guys that camp out
>on ranch fence lines. I
>have worked on several ranches
>where many people are set
>up 10' from the fence
>line and watching the other
>side of the fence. Not
>to mention the people we
>have caught on the property
>or with game down on
>it. Think about it I
>have read alot of post's
>on here where guy's state
>I was on BLM in
>between private property and took
>the shot.

You worked on the Piney Valley Ranch? That was me waving with the middle finger. :)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-09 AT 10:25AM (MST)[p]Ok Brian I will respond-
Never have I stated that I was the best super hunter in the world...Heck we all can get better and do each year.

Per your comment-
"but I'd be willing to bet that if I took you on some of my outings, you wouldn't be sitting on your high horse too long."

If you seriously would not mind heading into the hills just on a jaunt sometime and film it to play for all us MM members to watch then I will play.
After all you called me out right?
I can see it now- In this corner we have Jerry wearing Merrell hiking boots and a Kelty pack.......Jerry is a once a Marine always a Marine...He resides in Western Colorado where he works as a coal miner on a longwall at 9000ft wearing a respirator while he hikes back and forth 164 shields for 12 hours a day.
In the other corner we have Brian wearing Lowe's hiking boots and has numerous more trophies on his wall than Jerry does....Who will be the next ultimate hiker.LMAO
No hard feelings here just way differing opinions.
Best,
Jerry

44f4e09309b4a917.jpg

haha piney valley! haha 've been in a few altercations with them in the past lol

Those clowns in 35?

"where many people are set up 10' from the fence line"

Ten feet? That is long way - when I hunt next to private I am about the width of my @$$ away.

my guess is that this deer was shot in self defense.

for all i know, some poor neighborhood kid was under attack by a mutant deer and the neighboorhood hunter called the only person who could properly handle the situation...the govenator tag holder.

when the deer realized what he was up against, he stopped attacking the boy, nibled on some of grandma backyard apple trees, posed for a picture and then attacked the govenator tag holder.

i'm guessing he had no choice but to shoot.

sad story. nice buck.

mshred

Ramtagless I don't know where you came up with "those clown's in 35" out of my post. Maybe I got a little off topic in my post but what I am trying to say is if you are on BLM you are legal, I have no problem with that. If it is a ranch property line or a housing development,I do not see why people are making an issue out of this. What I do have an issue with is when the line is crossed.

Those clowns in 35 was in response to coloradobuck's post.

Obviously no one should trespass...that goes without saying. An all to common attitude (especially with some big ranches) is don't get near private property, don't look at private property, don't even imagine hunting on private property. That BS gets old...

It would be hard to pass on a buck like that no matter where you may find him. A few years back here in my hometown a 210 inch buck took up residency in my backyard, two days before archery season I approached to within 20 yards of him and took video. He was not alarmed at all and just continued to feed without any wariness. I chose not to try to hunt this buck and went with my traditional so. utah wild deer hunt. On Sunday morning, day #2 This buck was shot and killed in my neighbors back yard by his young grandson. I was not against what happened. It just did not seem that sporting to shoot a deer that had lost its fear of humans.

For those of you that live in Glenwood.I think I know where this Buck was shot I owned the property between the two road with the apple trees down from the fire station.If you look at the picture from kilowatt you can see daylight on top of the hill.I think this buck was shot north of the fire station because of the daylight and the sage brush. This is the private property between cardiff and fire station.This is about a 7 acre property with houses all around it.The city of Glenwood borders the property.I saw this Buck in front of the fire station waiting to cross the road last summer, nice buck.Legal shoot? illegal shoot? I don't know I will ask at the DOW.

i didn't want to waste my time reading all the posts here. however, i read enough to know that some people just don't get it. who cares if it was tame? who cares if it was a town pet? who cares if it eats apples? who cares how many yrs. your grandma's brother watched him from the porch?

he's dead now. as long as it was w/in the law. WHO CARES? congrats to the hunter if it's legal. i would shoot that buck in a heart beat if legal. in front of everyone. what a pig. we are the ones who encroached on "their" territory.

Well I live in the burbs of Washington DC and hunt backyard bucks all the time. Pretty much hard to find and area around here that doesn't back up to somebodies backyard. In Fairfax County, VA they have a urban hunt. Some guys sit on the roof of the landowners garage. Is that hunting. Who knows. How about the guys that put out a food plot and its the only feed around during the winter. And lets not forget all the road hunters and the guys that hunt the migration. I could go on and on. If the guy shot the deer legally the only person that needs to be happy is him. If he ever gets ashamed of that buck he can send it to my house I would look at him every morning. Amazing deer!!!

By the way last year in UT day before opening day we watched this guy hourse riding all over the place along the private property fence line blowing his cow call. Could't figure out what he was doing until we heard him talking on his phone to someone telling them that the herd was moving done onto the property.

OK ,I would like to see the man that just started hiking into a wilderness area 200 yards from the truck & saw a buck like this and DID NOT take the shot because he felt he did not earn this buck. or the buck may have just come from town....BULL#@#$!You would shoot & post pics in a heart beat!

Damn, I would too!

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Lmao,
everyone always has a bitc# about something or another on this site damn near everyone of you would have shot him in your back yard, common fessup most of us hunt very hard 30-60-90++ days a year bustin our balls for one that looks like that and to come home and find him in your back yard SWEET! Zap!
I look forward to day when i have a place in middle of no where and can harvest what i need when i need out of my bedroom window. mind you not the small ones taste much better than the big ones but him in my yard Zap!

a grain Field buck or a backyard buck what is the different if they are both in a legal shooting and hunting area. It might not be your cup of tea BUT we all don't hunt the same.

Me if he was legal I would kill Him.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-10 AT 01:16AM (MST)[p]I enjoy a challenging hunt as much as anyone, but if the hunting gods want to give me a gift I'm not going to pass it up!

I watched this hunt on video, and the buck is not in the back yard or any yard. He's on the mountain and rutting does. Great buck and I'm happy for the hunter.

Yelum

>I watched this hunt on video,
>and the buck is not
>in the back yard or
>any yard. He's on
>the mountain and rutting does.
> Great buck and I'm
>happy for the hunter.
>
>Yelum

Where did u watch it yelum?

Township 6-S, Range 89w, section 28, 1/4 section SE.
This is from the mandatory check paper work. Also it states that the hunter did not use the service of a guide but I know that is false. The hunter is from Texas.

Township 6-S, Range 89w, section 28, 1/4 section SE.
This is from the mandatory check paper work. Also it states that the hunter did not use the service of a guide but I know that is false. The hunter is from Texas.

In question and response to this comment:

Does that mean this year I will shoot a buck that big in Colorado?:) I sure hope so!!! LMAO

What a bunch of whiners here !! Some of you should be ashamed slamming a fellow hunter for shooting a legal deer ! Who cares where it was shot if its legal !! You dont like it? Cool, shut up !

Not the end of the story! Another big one will get killed this year and we will have to listen to everyone voice there opinion on it all over again!!
Jerad
Colorado Hunting Consultants LLC
www.cohunthelp.com

utehunter, I just watched the breaking 300 and Mossback muley heaven III, and this deer hunt was on the mossback video.

Yelum

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom