Hunt Expo?

ishootaRUM300

So for a guy that has not been to the Hunt Expo what can one expect?

I know there are the raffle tags.
Calling seminars? Silent acution? Live acution? Is it like a elk foundation banquet or Ducks unlimited banquet?

Ya kinda!

Takes a way Thicker Wallet than mine to even be invited in to the Live Auction!:D

Bring Your Money!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Yep they bring in a bunch of sexy chicks from Kali to sell rafles for Kings and a few other companines. I've nailed 3 of them in 5 years so don't let anyone tell you that you have no chance, them ladies do put out ;-) I need to double or triple my efforts this year though cuz the past 2 years I've blanked!! I think my first strategy will be drink more overpriced beer and go from there...

If you go on Saturday expect your ankles to be bruised from strollers too...

That's pretty much what the Hunt Expo is all about :D

~Z~

NC......WHO WAS PRESIDENT THE LAST TIME A GAL "PUT OUT " FOR YOU, DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU HAVIN A CHANCE WITH THOSE KALI GIRLS EITHER, YOU MIGHT HAVE A BETTER CHANCE BIDDING ON THE GOVERNORS TAG.........LOL.....J/K........YD. (BRUISED ANKLES I'LL BUY).

Your questions will be answered in order; yes, yes,yes,and yes.... sort of.

You can be as involved as you want to be. Just attending the expo to see the vendors and exibits is worth the travel, time and money. The entertainment, food, auctions are fisrt-class but maybe not for everyone. STTM is right, you need a really thick wallet to play with the big boys at the auctions.

The expo is a ton of fun, I wouldn't miss it!

Zeke

It's a sport hunting show very similar in character to the ISE (International Sportmen's Exposition). Not a lot of the fishing focus, primarily hunting and hunting outdoor equipment vendors.

Daily Admission Fees to the Expo floor and access to the hundreds of vendors is as follows:

Kids 10 and under get in FREE
Youth 11?17 - $10/day
Adults - $20/day

Get Your $10 Off Admission Coupon only from these sponsors:
Cabelas LogoToyota Dealers of Utah LogoDaily Admission Fees

In addition to the Vendor Exposition there are hunting and other hunting issue Seminars.

A place you can purchase chances on some 200 of the better hunting units in Utah for $5.00 per chance. Very popular with many of those that attend because it a cheap chance at a great tag if your luck enough to draw.

There are sheep hunts chances sold as well, not part of the 200 but the cost of the chance is more for the sheep tags.

There are different kinds of auctions for members of SFW and MDF. The merchandice offered at these auctions is donated by Expo sponsors who want to help raise money to help wildlife and wildlife issues including the cost to promote sport hunting with government and social agencies.

One popular auction is for ladies only. Others are for everyone. Prices at these auction can be high because the are designed to raise money and they do. As do all auctions at any event designed to generate money.

If you like country music/entertainment there are large venue concerts where you can go spend an evening with other redneck folk. Fun if like that sort of stuff.

Attending the Expo can be as cheap or as expensive as you wish to make it. I've never spent much because I don't have much to spend. Others spend a hundred thousand or more. To each his own. If the cost to attend is all that keeps you from attending you should know you have a great time at the Expo for a $10 (with the discount) admission fee.

If your interested in more specifics, there is their official web site:

http://www.huntexpo.com/registration.php

The reference to Stroller Wrecks should be some indication that there are a lot young families that attend every year. Not an all together negative thing when you consider trying to keep folks involved in the hunting lifestyle.

DC

Sounds like those Utard women do not measure up if they have to bring in good looking Kali women to sell raffle tickets to utards.

RELH

+1 RELH, further evidence that the promoters understand what sportsmen are motivated by. Nothing wrong with attractive women, is there RELH? Us Utah boys aren't bashful about enjoying your California women. I married one, she is a darn great wife and a better mother. We may be Tards, can't argue that, but we aren't stupid Tards.

If you took better care of your women they wouldn't come to play in Tardville, however we do appreciate all you do for us.

DC

LUMPY.......THERES TOO MANY TO TAKE CARE OF, THEY SPILL OVER OUR BORDERS......KINDA LIKE A THINNING PROCESS OF THE HERDS.....ENJOY........YD.

This poor old country boy couldn't handle those high octane Cali girls. I had to pluck mine off of Miami beach in Florida.:)

It's always an adventure!!!

I might have to "take my talents to South Beach" ;-) Those Kali chicks are only good for one night, I need a keeper!! Were you at a hunt expo Jim??

~Z~

2lumpy;

I also married one of those good looking Kali girls. They know how to keep their man warm at night and she was a damn good cook on top of that. In other words I married the farmer's daughter that was brought up right. She would hug you on meeting you, but if you tried to harm one of her cubs, she would put a 9mm right between your eyes before you could blink.

As it is the girls outnumber the men in Kali now and they must go over the border to other states to find a good man. You darn Utards better treat them right.

RELH

These Kali Women like a man with a J O B, so if you have one you're halfway home. LOL
Come on out and pick up a few.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Sorry to switch the theme of the post from the Kali women, but has anyone ever won any of the $25,000 in gear giveaways?

my brother drove out there last year from cali and won a super duper fancy turkey gun.

Wow, no others? Seems like with $25,000 in gear someone else would win. A moose tag is great, but not sure that is part of the claimed 25K gear give-away. Cool turkey gun might be but I am not sure. Before I buy into $25,000 give-a-ways for spending more in $5 tags trys I would like to hear of one person that has won. (and not the tags)!
Don't get me wrong about the $5 tag tries and the subsequent supporting wildlife habitat in Utah (???); I am all for the cause, but I do not trust these guys after all I have seen/heard.

P.S. I am not trying to start Sh#$, I just thought someone on this site might have won something in the past that might defunked the good old-boy system theory that seems to be plaguing our big game hunting community these days

As for the rumors about the hunt drawing being rigged I can tell you of two instances where I know for a fact that it was NOT. I drew the very first Rocky Mtn Bighorn tag ever offered at the Expo. I had never drawn a big game tag in Utah before. I had never met nor spoken to Don Peay or any of the other leaders of SFW. I'm not a rich fat cat that gets to go on any hunts like that. I'm a small town kid from rural Utah. It was a hunt of a lifetime, the funnest thing I've ever done in my life. As I look up at the ram I shot I still can't believe my luck. My dream never would have come true without the efforts of the villified Don Peay, SFW, Utah FNAWS, and the Expo. So I just shake my head at the conspiracy theorists on this website.

BTW, I have spent some time talking with Don Peay over the last few years after my hunt and I am a strong supporter/defender of his. I don't agree 100% with everything he says or does. But I strongly believe he has our(the average hunter) best interest at heart, contrary to opinions on this website. I would challenge any of his opponents on this website to spend a few minutes talking to him, I think you would come away with the same opinion as me, he is a good man, and a great asset to hunter like us.

The second instance was a good friend of mine, (who is completely deaf) drew a Henry's buffalo hunt the year after mine. Again, a hunt of a lifetime for a great guy who wouldn't get the chance otherwise, without the Expo.

In a way I hope all the haters and conspiracy theorists do stay home from the Expo. They don't deserve to draw anyway. I like the idea of less people=better odds. But on the other hand I hope the Expo is a great success with a ton of people showing up to raise money for wildlife. Me and my family have always had a ton of fun at the Expo every year.

Again, I was not talking about the tags. I am specifically interested in the $25,000 in gear give-away. Has anyone won any gear?
Not saying it is rigged on bashing what Don and others do (I volunteer for the RMEF) just have never heard of anyone winning any gear. I was honestly thinking about if it was worth it to donate the $100 to get the 3 tickets or not.
Sorry if I ruffled feathers.
3p2

I know a guy that won a Hoyt bow and another who won some Vortex binos.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

>As for the rumors about the
>hunt drawing being rigged I
>can tell you of two
>instances where I know for
>a fact that it was
>NOT. I drew the very
>first Rocky Mtn Bighorn tag
>ever offered at the Expo.
>I had never drawn a
>big game tag in Utah
>before. I had never met
>nor spoken to Don Peay
>or any of the other
>leaders of SFW. I'm not
>a rich fat cat that
>gets to go on any
>hunts like that. I'm a
>small town kid from rural
>Utah. It was a hunt
>of a lifetime, the funnest
>thing I've ever done in
>my life. As I look
>up at the ram I
>shot I still can't believe
>my luck. My dream never
>would have come true without
>the efforts of the villified
>Don Peay, SFW, Utah FNAWS,
>and the Expo. So I
>just shake my head at
>the conspiracy theorists on this
>website.
>
>BTW, I have spent some time
>talking with Don Peay over
>the last few years after
>my hunt and I am
>a strong supporter/defender of his.
>I don't agree 100% with
>everything he says or does.
>But I strongly believe he
>has our(the average hunter) best
>interest at heart, contrary to
>opinions on this website. I
>would challenge any of his
>opponents on this website to
>spend a few minutes talking
>to him, I think you
>would come away with the
>same opinion as me, he
>is a good man, and
>a great asset to hunter
>like us.
>
>The second instance was a good
>friend of mine, (who is
>completely deaf) drew a Henry's
>buffalo hunt the year after
>mine. Again, a hunt of
>a lifetime for a great
>guy who wouldn't get the
>chance otherwise, without the Expo.
>
>
>In a way I hope all
>the haters and conspiracy theorists
>do stay home from the
>Expo. They don't deserve to
>draw anyway. I like the
>idea of less people=better odds.
>But on the other hand
>I hope the Expo is
>a great success with a
>ton of people showing up
>to raise money for wildlife.
>Me and my family have
>always had a ton of
>fun at the Expo every
>year.

Plus 1 i am in the same boat as you for the expo. I won a tag average joe.Just like you

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom