hunt over!!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-11 AT 10:01AM (MST)[p] my father in law who is fighting with m.s and is confined to a wheelchair or rhino finally drew his dream hunt and once in a life time desert bighorn tag! it started with a phone call saying just what in the hell is 508 dollars from the dwr ahaha i gladly told him that the 35 years of waiting and unsuccessful letters is now over he will be recieveing one saying congrats you drew!! the emotion and excitement of this news was one of the best things i have ever heard in my entire life, due to ms he has been a bit down and this was just the pick up he needed!!

well me being a rookie to sheep and have never hunted them or the area he drew i came to mm to ask of help. not sure as to what kind of reaction i would get. alot of people say figure it out if you are a good hunter you dont need to ask. i was hesitant to asking but thought what the heck cant hurt for askin. so i asked for some general info and had alot of info handed to me and i want to thank you all for the help and info. prism i also want to thank you for the optics that was freakin cool!! there is a certain person who i will forever be in debt to and so glad he came to our call! bluejay you know who you are! i can not express how thankful i am and we are for the help you provided and for the things you did to make this hunt happen! i have truly found a great friend that i hope to stay in contact with through out the years! fromt he texts sayin you have seen sheep the pics you sent to get us excited and all the hard work putting your name on the line for us will not go un noticed!! jude thank you so much!!!

so opening day we got up and hit a few areas we have been targeting and found one heck of a ram a mile away. we watched this ram for a long period of time and knew sadly with his conditions there was no way we could get him on it where it was at. we decided to check a few more areas and not seein much went back to the area we saw the first ram. after a few min we spotted the big dude comin off a cliff and i mean staright down and then proceded to bed down. we knew at that time it was time to do what we had to do to get him a shot. we packed him down to the cliffs and waited him out for accross the canyon shot. short story shot just missed over the top of him.
a couple of weeks went by and we tried some different ways to get a better set up. we figured something out and due to work schedule i wasnt able to attend the weekend hunt. i got a phone call saying hunts over its done!! it was the greatest news i have heard and i am stoked for randy! he stayed with it after missing a big ram and managed to kill one heck of a ram still!! good to see that even with ms kickin his butt he was able to put a sheep on the ground congrats again red!!!

6686picture_001.jpg

7851picture_002.jpg

That is awesome! congrats to him for still getting out there!
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Congrats on your father-in-law's awesome ram. Props to everyone who helped him achieve his dream hunt. I love feel good stories.

Eldorado

Congrats, Great story.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom