Hunt Pod Tripods

gotthefever

Anyone own a hunt pod tripod who can tell me how they like it? I am looking for a light weight, quality backpacking tripod and have been considering the hunt pod or the one the outdoorsman makes. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm assuming your talking about a tripod to shoot off of?

I have an extremely lightweight tripod for my rifle that I'd be willing to sell. It's a Snipe Pod. Look them up. The thing is very light weight, mounts to your gun in seconds and disconnects in seconds, folds down to probably 8 inches, extends to probably 30 inches, uses ball sockets which can rotate (so if your set on your game, pull the trigger, and the game moves a bit to the left, your not re-setting up; you just rotate to the left). The reason I'm selling is that I've decided upon just resting off of my backpack. It is in 99% condition; I've only had it at the range. I paid around $100 - let me know if you interested and we can discuss a price or talk further about it.

I'm actually referring to a tripod for my spotting scope. Hunt pod is a brand put out by Janssens Adventure Outfitters. Sorry for the confusion.

I have the outdoorsman (large) with their pistol grip and it is the absolute best I've used hands down. Pricey but I'll never have to buy another. Wished I would have invested the money to begin with instead of trying all the cheap garbage tripods. Works great with my spotter and binos. Lightweight,strong, and easy to pack. I haven't used or looked at the other you mention. Hope this helps.

I have had the hunt pod for four years never had any problems.I went with the fluid head instead of the pistol grip. I pack it all the time. I too was trying to decide between the same two tripds I believe the outdoorsmen model at the time was not as stable when fully extended with the big glass, the hunt pod was not as costly.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom