Hunt recaps posted

looks like we'll be hunting Wyoming since there ain't any worthy LO tags here in my home state. Sucks not even drawing a normally easy 4th choice hunt. tag cuts better be worth it.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

It looks like more people than just me are trying to dump some points and get out of the points game. The point creep is unreal in some units.

Get on wildlife.state.co.us, top left click on hunting, left side click on big game, on the left side in blue the bottom is statistics click on that then choose the year animal.

I like it when states put the stats up promptly. Wy is always within a day of the draw. Nevada seems to be the worst, on top of the fact that they only tell peoples first choice out of 5. Every state has the data available right after draw, I'm glad to see more states posting it up quicker.

We only sent for PPs this year and plan to hunt Colorado again in 2013. The unit we hunt used to always be 100% draw with 0 points. In the last couple years quotas have been cut from 900 in 2010 to 755 in 2011 to 600 in 2012. So, a large number of guys were unsuccessful, thus gaining a point. This means that there will be a lot more guys with at least 1 PP in the 2013 drawing and having 1 point won't even guarantee a license and there will be no chance with 0 points. This isn't point creep, more like a point explosion.

"Crap" did that bull on the stat's page really come from the Bosque del Oso?
I may be changing units.
Rick

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom