Huntin' Boots

Try a pair made from kangaroo hide they're lightweight & durable, I think both Browning & Cabalas has them with insulation.

Paul,

Go through the Cabela's catalog and look for some that are made by Meindl for Cabela's, great boots and comfortable too.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-06 AT 08:50PM (MST)[p]I do alot of hiking and back packing. I owned a pair of Danner "Canadian" boots for a couple of years then they went to... on me. So I bought a pair of Meindl Alaskan Hunter boots. I wore these for a month or two and they were not comfortable for me, I really did not like them at all. I sold them to my brother-in-law and bought the Cabela "Perfekt Hunter" boot. They are made by Meindl for Cabelas. I have worn these boots for over a year now and I love them very comfortable, warm and water proof. They really support your ankle and feet. I would highly reccomend these boots. But I would take a look at the Lowa boots. I don't know alot about them but I have heard good things. My Perfekt Hunters are holding up well, I really like these boots. If you buy a pair of Meindl's order the Nikwax with them it treats the leather.

Cabelas Perfekt Hunters 400gram Thinsulate
Ht: 10"/ Wt: 4.4lbs.......... $219.95
Ht: 7"/ Wt: 3.6lbs........... $189.95

If you have any other questions please feel fre to ask me, I will help if I can.

Good Luck

buy the "Perfekt Hunter" they are the bomb for the money!

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Tony,

I was thinking about getting the perfekt hunters.Do they run big or small compared to normal sizing? Thats the hard part of mail order footwear.

beavis.gif

If anything they run a hair big. I bought my normal size (10) and they fit just right. They come with a very thin ventilated plastic spacer that goes under the insole, I left it in the boot. They are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned.

If you saw those pictures of me crossing that river I was wearing them. I also was wearing a pair of wool covered gortex gaiters and I crossed that river a dozen times that day and my fee did not get wet through the boot, in fact I did it for two days, and they never got wet. I got a little in over the top, but it was not bad.

I've owned most of the better brands and these are the best I've tried. I liked them so much I bought another pair just in case they stop making them. . .

Take care,

Not all of the Meindl's come in WIDE width, so if you wear a wide shoe, you will be limited but Meindl's are the ones I like too and fit just right for me.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-06 AT 10:34PM (MST)[p]Tony, I thought you bought a back up pair because you tend to cut them up with a hunting knife. hahah

Face it, Sheep Hunters are a better boot anyway. ;-)

Buck Snort, Tony is correct about the sizing of the Perfekt Hunter. I also bought my normal size. These boots are AWESOME, just wore them yesterday in about 2' on snow. Feet stayed warm and dry.

Just thought I would throm my two cents in and try to help you.

Good luck

Bucksnort, I don't think you will regret it, in my opinion the best insulated boot I have ever worn and I WEAR them.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

I have had a pair of rockys for about 8 years now , and they are great . I believe they are 600 gr thinsulate , they are called the huskers or cornhuskers , can't remember , but non the less they are by far the very best boots I've ever had .Used them in Aug on antelope hunts and in Jan for archery muleys in high snow , just great boots , can't beat Rocky for the the dollar spent in my mind ....NMHUNTNUTT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom