Hunting Colorado

elkhunter7pt

I'm a non-resident with 4 points for elk and deer. Are there any units out there with plenty of public land that would be worth using the 4 points on either? I'm not asking you to pinpoint a spot as I would just like to know of some units worth considering. For mule deer I would like to have a chance at a 160 plus and elk would like a rag horn or better. Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I guess my advice would be to burn them points ASAP and go hunting. Otherwise you will really be in "no-mans-land" in a few years.

I agree, burn the points if you can! I have 7NR points and feel like I have too many for a decent unit, and not enough for a really good unit.

Check out the statistics page on the CO game and fish website. Look at the units that took 4 points last year. After you have those units written down, come back on MM and do a search for those units. This will help you narrow down the units that you can draw with 4 points. Once you have a couple units that you are interested in, ask specific questions about them. Such as access to public land, terrain, roads, is it worth 4 points, etc!

Also, what weapon are you wanting to hunt with? If rifle, what season are you wanting to hunt?

You are actually in "no man's land" now and will continue to be there for several more years.

Collecting PP's does not mean that you do not hunt. You simply hunt OTC or another state.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom