Hunting Cyotes

4_Plesur

I've finally decided that it's time for me to shoot a cyote. I never have before. I've seen them on the deer or elk hunt and I've alway's thought about cracking a shot off but I've worried that I would scare the animals.
Does anyone know of some nice spots to shoot a cyote or two. I live in the Salt Lake area. Drop me an email if you do.
[email protected]

p.s. What is the law on using a spotlight in UTAH?

Thanks!!

You want what? Just a nice quiet place close to SLC loaded with coyotes that you can run out to and call in a bunch. Good luck! You'll have more luck here if you offer a trade for your Visa # and lots of alcohol. Most of the guys who have posted go up to Snowville or the Hardware Ranch. Don't let that orange paint fool you, it means "Good Hunting Here".

If any of you sucker respond to this I'm looking for a nice quiet place to harvest a B&C lion. My only dog is a poodle and my hunting vehicle is a Ford Pinto. Please tell me a good spot.

Sorry for poking fun, just couldn't resit.

Ed

Eddy, I think that you've already had too much to drink for the day! It might be time to get your eyes checked or go back to grade school to get educated on reading. I never said anything about going to a nice quiet place near SLC.
Have a great time with your poodle and your ford pinto.

You know, your e-mail gives you away school boy. Post a picture of the last 30" buck you saw with a map and maybe you'll get some hits on your post.

The Name is Ed to you son. I was killin' coyotes when you were still a stain on your daddy's drawers so back off and laugh.

Ed

Good hell dude, Ol Ed has posted more useful info on hunting coyotes on here than any TEN people in the last couple years. I'm guessing he would have helped you out a bunch if your sense of humor had'nt chit the bed on ya.

And you had to go and piss him off. Good move.

PS. yer not related to Rockhopper are ya.

Hey CB,

Good to hear from you amigo. Who is this Rockhopper? Maybe a brother to 4_play?

I read something about you wanting a bear. I though you had enough of that crap last spring. Fire me an e-mail and lets make some plans for NM this fall. We didn't stack 'um up like cordwood last year but I think AF and Waycool did. It's a long way down here but the stop in Shiprock makes the trip all the sweeter.

Ed

You know Rockhopper. He's the one who had the nerve to tell us to get off our sisters. It's all coming back to you now aint it.

Hell, I can barely make a lion tree. How am I ever going to make it to see a bear climb. I'm used to sitting in a tree, drinking a barley pop and waiting for a bear to come eat a twinkie so I can give him the gas.

RE: Hunting Coyotes

Man, it's pretty sensitive over here. You ask someone for some advice and they flip out. You're right I shouldn't have asked if you know of any good spots. MY BAD! I'm not too proud to admit that. This is my 1st time in this forum. I'm not a coyote hunter but it sounds fun to me. I thought that I would be able to get a little help.
Is it wrong for someone new to coyote hunting to ask for advice?
Ed, sorry to have pissed on your Cheerio's. If you didn't want to give advice or worried that you might reveal your "secret hunting spot," You didn't have to even respond. I know you couldn't resist though right. I wouldn't tell someone where I go to bag my elk every year, so I don't expect you or anyone else to tell me where they hunt coyotes.
Take Care.

4-pleasure,

Hey buddy, huddle... Look, Ed is about the friendliest, nicest, and most helpful person that visits the Internet. I think you may have a few things wrong. First off, apologize like a man, a little humility goes a long way. Second, if you want to know about hunting 'yotes, go to ed's website (BTW ed, I haven't been able to get on your site for a few days?). Third, everyone knows that the best place to hunt coyotes is in the city - particularly near where the rabbits congregate - At least that is the way it is here in Southern AZ.

Good Luck.

Quail_Runner, The website server isn't up and running, kind of sucks but the long address is http://southwestadventures.tripod.com if you get a need to see some of 'ol Ed's stuff. I was down in the lower country and danged if I didn't see some gambles running around by Lake Pleasant. They had about 3" of rain a week ago and it is pretty green as well. That should bring on a crop.

Ed

4-play,
The best place I can think of in Salt Lake to go hunting would be Hogle Zoo. I don't know about coyotes but they have a few wolves. It's an archery only hunt. The trick is you have to go at night. There's a couple tall fences you have to climb, but who here isn't used to that. I bagged a giraffe and a couple monkeys last week. If you aren't much of an archer just go during the day and take a sling-shot. You wouldn't believe what a kick all the kids get at hearing those lions roar when you hit 'em in the testes. Don't tell anyone else about it though, you know how fast a good honey-hole can get ruined once the word gets out.

hey Ed, you been payin' these guys off to say nice things about ya? did 4play really piss in your cheerios? i mean you usually do it yourself, so i don't see where you'd mind to much if somebody else did. but i thought you ate wheaties? the deal about the slingshot in the zoo is funny. have to try it. what's the deal anyway? i've never been anywhere that didn't have ample coyotes (cyotes?). biggest problem is rookies educatin' em to a call. tell the poor kid you secrets so's he can get rid of some of them utah dogs. my favorite way is use a dead coyote for a call. once you finally kill one or find some roadkill, blow in it's butt real hard and you will get a real good howlin' sound. mostly from your partner for bein' so dumb, but try it anyways. anyway, Ed, just gittin' even for you makin' fun o' me and my poor ol' mule. oh yeah, we did get some rain last week and it's rainin' again today. hope it snows up your way, later.

Ya RLH, I was on the rag. No snow up here yet but it is looking like maybe. Last time we were supposed to get a foot and got an inch.

I'm fresh out of honey holes. Post some of yours for all the newbies out there. I'm still laughing about your mule story. So keep the slamin coming.

Ed, www.swhounds.com

honey holes for what? i've been gone from the mt. so long i can't remember any. for coyotes, anywhere right after a cow elk season. you can shoot em off all the cows that the flatlanders gutshot and let get away. if i go any deeper than that, your dang brother in law will hit me. for lions, hell, the blue. upper eagle. go up to the 4 drag and talk to Gary Ely. i'm sure he'll line you out on where to chase a cat. he's about to get swallerd by them and the wolf/dogs. go to picnic ridge, right above dan's house. caught several up there. dang blue is a lion factory, but it's so rough and big that they can really take ya on a chase. foot creek mesa was crawlin' with em 2 years ago. tear em up. there's too many. us guys that are too old and beat up can just hunt deer, so you kids need to thin out the cats so's we have more deer to hunt. get some good dry ground hounds and show ya where there are some cats down here. have fun fellers.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-03 AT 06:21AM (MST)[p]Salt lake isn't far from wyoming try anywhere from evenston to rawlins it allmost all blm and around rock springs to rawlins is some of the best calling anywhere in the US and its miles and miles of public land.
Womsetter is right between where the state trappers from rock springs and the one from rawlins border each other and it doesn't get flown as often I only called there one hunt but we called in 10 in one day and got 7 that was my best day ever and if I had the gas I'd go there every weekend.
This is about 200 miles from salt lake but once you hit the wyoming line you should be able to find some blm land that you could call.
no licence needed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom