Hunting, fishing & trapping in Heaven?

3TOE

Very Active Member
I’m certain this post will draw both positive & negative comments alike depending on where you stand spiritually, but as I get older I think about things like this.
Is there hunting, fishing & trapping in Heaven? I’m aware of what the Bible says about the lion & the lamb etc…
Last night I made a comment to my wife about it, then for 20 minutes or so we engaged in a difference of opinion on the subject. The fact is… nobody knows!!!! For me personally, I believe in God… I believe in Heaven & Hell.
I WANT to believe that there IS hunting, fishing & trapping in Heaven. Hunting is such a huge part of my personal identity that I want to believe that there is.
What does everyone else think?

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:
In heaven you'll have a early rifle elk permit every year, with a dozen of your best pals spotting for your giant bull hunt, with some assistance from the best local guides, and be on some choice private land.

In hell, you'll be stuck in a general unit on national forest in MT with no elk to speak of.

We don't know and I believe our minds can't comprehend the pure joy that will be experienced in heaven.

I like what spaz thinks it will be... ;)

I'm hoping for this song to be a little slice of what we experience myself:)

BTW, I heard this song for the first time headed out on day 3 of my first elk hunt three years ago. Killed a great 5x5 late that evening.

20211031_112912.jpg

Last edited:
We don't know and I believe our minds can't comprehend the pure joy that will be experienced in heaven.

I like what spaz thinks it will be... ;)

I'm hoping for this song to be a little slice of what we experience myself:)

BTW, I heard this song for the first time headed out on day 3 of my first elk hunt three years ago. Killed a great 5x5 late that evening.

View attachment 123276
Thanks for sharing that song. That’s what I’m talking about!!! ??

Hopefully we are blasted into a state of eternal bliss that transcends any happiness ever known by hobbies, identites, and even intimate romantic love we have ever experienced in the mortal life. Thus, probably no hunting in heaven. But the feeling you get from the things you love will be what you get to exist in.

I picture all of us at a campfire arguing and bickering non-stop about scores, ksl, utards, how Wyoming is unfair to non-residents and politics

ive always thought it was kind of humorous that we have requests of what paradise will be. arrogance of man i suppose. im no exception, i have my own. i just want to be eternally with my daughters. to some semblance well better then i can even imagine i suppose i will be.

Hopefully we are blasted into a state of eternal bliss that transcends any happiness ever known by hobbies, identites, and even intimate romantic love we have ever experienced in the mortal life. Thus, probably no hunting in heaven. But the feeling you get from the things you love will be what you get to exist in.
Very well stated. ??

ive always thought it was kind of humorous that we have requests of what paradise will be. arrogance of man i suppose. im no exception, i have my own. i just want to be eternally with my daughters. to some semblance well better then i can even imagine i suppose i will be.
I had commented to my wife about another post here on MM & that opened the door to the question. To be honest, the question has never crossed my mind to this point. I think I just held firm in my belief of “All that I love will also be with me in Heaven”. When my wife said there is no hunting in Heaven, it sort of rained on my parade. Then all I could think was, she doesn’t know that? If there isn’t, what harm is there in my belief that there is?
Anyway… I know we will all find out sooner or later. Well… most of us. Lol ??

In Heaven, there are unlimited LE and OIL tags, because it's a CWMU and none of my friends are there. Everyone drinks Mt Dew.

In Hell, there are lots of animals, but NO tags, and if you do get to hunt you have to use a Creedmoor! Only suckers bite your hook, and all traps catch are skunks! Lots of beer, tho, but it's 3.2. :)

If I go to Heaven and there is nothing to test my mettle, then send me to Hell so i can hunt the Devil

the Master has His reasons, life is His to give or take

You know it is confusing.

Sure a lot of folks on the mtn, on Sunday. Always interesting to see how beliefs manifest themselves

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom