hunting in kansas

just4fun

Also posted in the archery forum:

After reading and enjoying all of the posts for a while, I decided to join to get some input. After putting in the draws of most of the west i finally drew a tag (KS either speices, unit 17, archery) and now don't know exactly what to do. I've never hunted with a guide, don't really know how to find one, and all i relly know about western kansas, is there are big muleys and white tail. So......

Has anyone hunted in western Kansas?
Does anyone know how to find a guide, or property access.
Does anyone have a tag, and might want to split the cost of a trip out there?

Thanks, any help will be greatly appriciated.

Just4fun

I have a group of guys that I go with to shoot pheasants the week of December 7th in western Kansas. Garden City area to be exact.
I have seen a lot of big mulies and whites out there. Good luck on your hunt.

thanks for the link, but there are no listings for units 17 or 2. is the any other way to find someone in those units? or will anyone refer someone?
thanks again

just4fun

Go online at www.kdwp.state.ks.us, look up the Kansas Hunting Atlas. Lists Walk-in hunting areas and public lands. Can e-mail Kansas Wildlife and Parks for the Atlas. good luck

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

I go in eastern nebraska every 3rd year with my dad and the hunting is way fun but no bucks that are huge just alot of deer. Wish I could go more but I have to take turns with my 2 brothers.

I guess you just learned rule number 1 about western Kansas. Never draw a tag without having a place to hunt lined up first. Call Perry Ross of Ross Trophy Outfitters and see if he has anything. I think he is in that unit. Also, call the local co-ops and see if they know of any landowner that will allow you to pay a trespass fee and hunt. If you look hard enough, you should turn up something.

Try Dan Pletcher. He owns highplains hunting and is on the web under the same name. He is oput of Osborne Kansas. Ill send you a PM

thanks for all the input. i'll try and call dan on monday to see what he has, and ive ordered the walk in atlas for 2008. i'll see what it says.

has anyone hunted this area that has pictures of your sucess?
muleys or whites.

Just4fun

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom