Hunting ISN'T Important

I’m praying for all of us Tony. Only takes me a minute and if I’m wrong, no harm no foul….
If you ask some folks, I need all the help I can get, regardless of the source.

Do you need my address so the help comes to the right place? I would hate to have it wasted on a guy like SS who is too far gone for it do any good. ;)

Last edited:
You sure are sensitive. I have not questioned your intelligence once and definitely have not tooted my own horn. I have asked multiple times on here for anyone to show me proof since I am being asked to call in to the hotline for therapy with Cory.
You have mocked me, and you have tooted quite a bit. Ignoring my statements and repeating your own. For example I have stated kinds and species are different. and yet you mock me for denying a million animals on the ark when no one with any scientific knowledge of a young earth/creationism will concede to a million animal claim. The actual estimates by those much more educated on it is shy of 7000 total animals. God's requirement was for a female and male of each kind. When you can show me proof that you talked to God and this means one of each species then I will accept that you might know more than those scientists who have actually delved into this subject.

My background is as a chemist and now 25 years as a physician- MD. Biology, math and the sciences in general are pretty much the core of my training. Not some quackery of quasi-science like homeopathy.

We didn't mention breeds we mentioned species which there are far more than 500,00
The Bible says kind, not species which is a man made concoction of convenience that has been proven wrong by genetics when species have to be reassigned to match the new science. Many species are simply examples of genetic shift. It may very well be that the genetic shift required within the Kinds that God required to recreate the biodiversity of the Earth would exceed the natural capability of the kinds. Thus requiring miraculous intervention, but guess what the whole thing requires miraculous intervention.

Evolution literally cannot happen unless there was some sort of miraculous intervention. A lizard one day grows a feather. Not mathematically possible within the genetic mutations of code and thus never observed. But lets just assume it happens. That Lizard has to end up mating with another lizard at some point who also just happened to have the same mutation. Now a single feather provides no advantage. Rather the opposite. This mutation has to continue to survive and progress till you have a lizard covered with feathers and others who have gone through the same mutation to provide mating pairs. Meaning they also have ot be in relative proximity to the other lizards with similar traits. Now these disadvantaged, feathered lizards have to survive longer till more mutations show up changing their anatomical structure to wings. But they still can't fly as they are too heavy. So 2 legged lizards scoot around pushing themselves on their hind legs with their face in the sand. waiting for the day for their bones to weaken and become hollow so they can weigh less and actually fly.
yeah that's not practical

You can search up videos of how dogs evolved. One cool one is where they breed the runts of every red fox in captivity and in a matter of a few generations, they are smaller and their color is now black. In the beginning, that’s what we did, was take the runts or less aggressive wolves that were somewhat comfortable around humans and wouldn’t kill us. We would breed them over and over and their behavior is less like a wolf and more domesticated after breeding the less aggressive. Put that together along with dependence on humans for survival and it’s not too difficult to understand that they would not be the 120 pound killers they were in the wild after many generations of selected breeding.

Which is why you only needed two of a kind. Two that could restart the many variations of something. Genetics is an interesting science discipline.

The Bible says kind, not species which is a man made concoction of convenience that has been proven wrong by genetics when species have to be reassigned to match the new science. Many species are simply examples of genetic shift. It may very well be that the genetic shift required within the Kinds that God required to recreate the biodiversity of the Earth would exceed the natural capability of the kinds. Thus requiring miraculous intervention, but guess what the whole thing requires miraculous intervention.

Evolution literally cannot happen unless there was some sort of miraculous intervention. A lizard one day grows a feather. Not mathematically possible within the genetic mutations of code and thus never observed. But lets just assume it happens. That Lizard has to end up mating with another lizard at some point who also just happened to have the same mutation. Now a single feather provides no advantage. Rather the opposite. This mutation has to continue to survive and progress till you have a lizard covered with feathers and others who have gone through the same mutation to provide mating pairs. Meaning they also have ot be in relative proximity to the other lizards with similar traits. Now these disadvantaged, feathered lizards have to survive longer till more mutations show up changing their anatomical structure to wings. But they still can't fly as they are too heavy. So 2 legged lizards scoot around pushing themselves on their hind legs with their face in the sand. waiting for the day for their bones to weaken and become hollow so they can weigh less and actually fly.

True, nothing can change in gene frequency without the genetic instructions already present. Genetic instructions don't suddenly rewrite themselves. It would be like the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics suddenly changing to fit a narrative.

They don't teach that in petroleum engineering school though, so...

You have mocked me, and you have tooted quite a bit. Ignoring my statements and repeating your own. For example I have stated kinds and species are different. and yet you mock me for denying a million animals on the ark when no one with any scientific knowledge of a young earth/creationism will concede to a million animal claim. The actual estimates by those much more educated on it is shy of 7000 total animals. God's requirement was for a female and male of each kind. When you can show me proof that you talked to God and this means one of each species then I will accept that you might know more than those scientists who have actually delved into this subject.

My background is as a chemist and now 25 years as a physician- MD. Biology, math and the sciences in general are pretty much the core of my training. Not some quackery of quasi-science like homeopathy.
Dr? You mean witch Dr? Do you tell your patients to pray for recovery?

I’m praying for all of us Tony. Only takes me a minute and if I’m wrong, no harm no foul….
Speakin' of praying...this is an old joke, so stop me if you've heard it before. :rolleyes:

During a monster flood, a guy is stranded on his roof. A man comes by in a boat and says, “Get in, get in!”

The man on the roof who is very religious, replies, "No I have faith in God. He will save me with a miracle.”

The water keeps rising. It's now up to his waist. Another boat comes by, and the boatman tells him to get in again. The stranded gentlemen responds that he has faith in God, and God will give him a miracle. With the water at about chest high, another boat comes to rescue him, but he turns down the offer again because “God will save me.”

With the water at now chin high, a helicopter appears. They throw down a ladder, and they tell him to grab it. Mumbling with the water in his mouth, he again uses his faith in God and turns down the request for help. As a result his drowns.

When he arrives at the pearly gates of heaven he's ticked, having somewhat lost his faith in God. He quickly let's St. Peter know about it, too. "I thought God would grant me a miracle, but he let down.”

St. Peter chuckles and responds, “I don’t know what you’re complaining about. We sent you three boats and a helicopter.”

True, nothing can change in gene frequency without the genetic instructions already present. Genetic instructions don't suddenly rewrite themselves. It would be like the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics suddenly changing to fit a narrative.

They don't teach that in petroleum engineering school though, so...
I like the subtle digs. Good work Roadrunner

A lizard won’t one day grow a feather. That’s not evolution. Stuff doesn’t happen that quickly.

Which is why you only needed two of a kind. Two that could restart the many variations of something. Genetics is an interesting science discipline.
But even under kinds it takes time when allowed to natural selection.
Very likley God did not wait on this process but rather moved it along supernaturally. When I believed in evolution(it is a belief) this is how I accounted for genetic shift. Time and the laws of thermodynamics do not allow for it. Noah didn't select the animals either for those who claimed trapping happened. The Bible says they showed up and came aboard. As for feed yes some food was brought aboard but likely God placed the majority into a hibernative state. This is common with many types of animals. The Bible does not say that Noah fed them or not. So its not important to me. But for one needing an explanation that would be a possiblity.

Your still avoiding the food question

A lizard won’t one day grow a feather. That’s not evolution. Stuff doesn’t happen that quickly.
exactly it won't ever happen. But feel free to explain evolution. The more you slow the process down the harder the math/survivability of the trait becomes. That's the problem that can't be overcome with the theory. As well as that it can't be demonstrated

Your still avoiding the food question
just answered it with one possibility, see above
there are those more studied on the matter that believe Noah did feed them. The ark encounter claims such and provides for the mechanism. Feel free to go see for yourself. Again if its improtant to you. I have fun feeding my 15 llamas, can't imagine feeding 7000 animals. I'm voting for hibernative state. But my vote doesn't count what happened happened

Last edited:
Ah you just answered so all the animals hybernated? Most "kinds" as you put it would not have survived in a hibernative state their metabolism is not made up to survive long periods without eating.

I have stated that the theory of evolution can't stand up against the laws of thermodynamics. But not explained them for those who don't know. For example everything is breaking down is a simplified statement of the second law of thermodynamics. This means order proceeds to disorder. We observe this constantly. If I take 6 blocks and stack them up at soem point they will fall. Even if it takes 100 years for one of the blocks to rot it will happen. If I take 6 blocks and leave them on the floor they will NEVER be stacked. It takes an outside force of intelligence to make act on it for this to happen. Even if we put them in a box and shake them from time to time for a million years they will never end up stacked up and in order.

But even under kinds it takes time when allowed to natural selection.
Very likley God did not wait on this process but rather moved it along supernaturally. When I believed in evolution(it is a belief) this is how I accounted for genetic shift. Time and the laws of thermodynamics do not allow for it. Noah didn't select the animals either for those who claimed trapping happened. The Bible says they showed up and came aboard. As for feed yes some food was brought aboard but likely God placed the majority into a hibernative state. This is common with many types of animals. The Bible does not say that Noah fed them or not. So its not important to me. But for one needing an explanation that would be a possiblity.

spittingdrink.gif
That sounds like Jen Psaki spinning answers to the WH press corp.

Ah you just answered so all the animals hybernated? Most "kinds" as you put it would not have survived in a hibernative state their metabolism is not made up to survive long periods without eating.
I saying that's a possiblity. But God would have had to put them in that state. If God who created the universe put them there then yes they could survive a year. I won't know for sure till a little bit later :);)

C'mon man, it's just random chaos and chance that turned me from a microbe into man walking down the street checking the weather on his Iphone. And over MILLLLIOOOONZZZZZ of years.
And the Big Bang makes perfect sense (even if it was invented out a Jewish book of mysticism).

I'm sure it does and that's a good one! But so would anyone explaining how a lizard evolved to a bird for that matter. Both will require faith and some sort of intelligent intervention at some point.
So does it then follow that humans were 'created' as they look today? If so, what's your estimate as to how long humans have roamed the world?

exactly it won't ever happen. But feel free to explain evolution. The more you slow the process down the harder the math/survivability of the trait becomes. That's the problem that can't be overcome with the theory. As well as that it can't be demonstrated

Demonstration is difficult. Think of it as to how fast a mountain or river is made. How would that demonstration look? Think in terms of geological time and not the past 7000 years. If you’re hung up on the past 10,000 years and can’t grasp anything before that, take a look at Mammoths, Irish Elk, and others that were on earth before the last ice age. All or almost all die off. It’s possible that only the strongest survived and had to adapt an advantage they didn’t have before or die. I could be something as simple as food source changing. What would that do to an animals innards if they ate one thing for thousands of years and suddenly had to eat something else to survive? Would it also do something to their outards or their appearance?

$20 to whoever saves SS! first. Unless it’s roadrunner…..he’ll have to settle for a fresh lump of coal.

I’m an Old Earther.:cool:

I'm sure it does and that's a good one! But so would anyone explaining how a lizard evolved to a bird for that matter. Both will require faith and some sort of intelligent intervention at some point.
I forgot...evolution goes back a great deal further than lizards. All life began from one-celled organisms, mostly of the marine variety. As for birds, many of their traits were present in certain small dinosaurs that eventually evolved to grow feathers & fly. They have found bird fossils that are allegedly more than 120 million years old.

Last edited:

I think more than two would be better. If you continually breed the offspring, that’s like brothers and sisters and fathers and daughters doing it or having intercourse and I’m sure that’s a violation of religion. If not, it should be.

I forgot...evolution goes back a great deal further than lizards. All life began from one-celled organisms, mostly of the marine variety. As for birds, many of their traits were present in certain small dinosaurs that eventually evolved to grow feathers & fly. They have found bird fossils that are allegedly more than 120 billion years old.
Math check that.

I think more than two would be better. If you continually breed the offspring, that’s like brothers and sisters and fathers and daughters doing it or having intercourse and I’m sure that’s a violation of religion. If not, it should be.

Now you're just being sophomoric. Did the "squad" put you up to this?

JB, SS! to name a couple.
Ah Roadrunner. Im flattered you thought of me.

But, I am pretty sure these guys have a mind of their own and post on their own.

I wouldn’t be so entertained if this frac crew would hurry and finish rigup. High oil prices are always the worst thing on service companies. Too many greenhats.

Sbeard,
How is it being a doctor and much of your peers don’t believe like you do. Have you thought of publishing a writing in a Medical Journal and discussing how thousands of years ago we had a life span of up to 900 years and explain the poisons and circumstances we have now that weren’t around then and the medical and health advancements we made made since then amount to squat. Do you have any professional writing about those things you can share with us? 25 years as an MD, you must have something to share.

Sbeard,
How is it being a doctor and much of your peers don’t believe like you do. Have you thought of publishing a writing in a Medical Journal and discussing how thousands of years ago we had a life span of up to 900 years and explain the poisons and circumstances we have now that weren’t around then and the medical and health advancements we made made since then amount to squat. Do you have any professional writing about those things you can share with us? 25 years as an MD, you must have something to share.

Defense and prosecuting council use witnesses constantly as evidence in a trial to prove the guilt or innocence of the accused.

What is written in the Bible is observation and testimony of others.

To refute that what is written in the Bible as invalid evidence would be like the discontinuance of using a witness in a trial.

After all, a witness's testimony may not be able to be proven true without concrete scientific evidence. But they "saw" or "heard" it happen and it is admissible as evidence to argue the case.

And, even modern MD's are wrong like everyone else from time to time, especially engineers. Otherwise, people would never die...

Defense and prosecuting council use witnesses constantly as evidence in a trial to prove the guilt or innocence of the accused.

To refute that what is written in the Bible as invalid evidence would be like the discontinuance of using a witness in a trial.

After all, a witness's testimony may not be able to be proven true without concrete scientific evidence. But they "saw" or "heard" it happen.

And, even modern MD's are wrong like everyone else from time to time, especially engineers. Otherwise, people would never die...
Haha! Another dig. Thanks Roadrunner. You’re the best! Hopefully your God broke the mold when he mixed his magic dust and made you. Two of you would be too much. ?

After all, a witness's testimony may not be able to be proven true without concrete scientific evidence. But they "saw" or "heard" it happen and it is admissible as evidence to argue the case.

That’s what I mean. “Even modern MDs are wrong like everyone else”. But what if he’s right? Why not put in writing the 900 year life span and poisons thing? I would rather hear it from an MD than someone like me.

Guys with PhD's, way, way smarter than certain posters on this thread, are now theorizing and debunking the old world mentality of evolution and long time frames for events to transpire.
And thousands of others with PhD's say evidence only points to "the old world mentality."

I don't say that to prove nor disprove your point, you're welcome to your beliefs, I say that just to point out that using credentialed experts in an attempt to say the earth is only a few thousand years old is not a winning argument. PhD's with the "old world mentality" will outnumber the young earth sources vastly. 50:1? 100:1?

That’s what I mean. “Even modern MDs are wrong like everyone else”. But what if he’s right? Why not put in writing the 900 year life span and poisons thing? I would rather hear it from an MD than someone like me.

I'm speaking of the MD's that side with the Bobbsey Twins saying it is medically impossible for events as recorded in the Bible relative to long human life length being impossible.

Again, what is written is comparable to today's use of eye witness accounts that can put someone on death row. Someone saw it, so it must be so. The only way to refute that evidence is for a counter witness. Show me the counter witness that says otherwise on long life? Or that anything else for that matter didn't happen. That's acceptable in court but another account from antiquity isn't? Or is it only because it's tied to religion?

I'm speaking of the MD's that side with the Bobbsey Twins saying it is medically impossible for events as recorded in the Bible relative to long human life length being impossible.

Again, what is written is comparable to today's use of eye witness accounts that can put someone on death row. Someone saw it, so it must be so. The only way to refute that evidence is for a counter witness. Show me the counter witness that says otherwise on long life? Or that anything else for that matter didn't happen. That's acceptable in court but another account from antiquity isn't? Or is it only because it's tied to religion?
I can assure you now, if our Federal Government, MIT, China, etc came out and announced people lived to 800-900 years with zero proof of that and also zero proof it is possible, then yes, I would call their BS also.
Left Twin out.

I would not deny him if he was standing in front of me. That’s the evidence a lot of people are asking for.

I saw a 60 minutes episode with Bill O’Reily. In it he talked about seeing and talking to God. I will try to find the video and post it. He has the evidence we are looking for. I don’t know why a bigger deal wasn’t made about that. He actually saw God and talked to him. That’s a very big deal.

Biblical scholars (even Christian ones) have long ago determined most of the bible was hearsay from tales & poetry. Even the names of the 'authors' seem to have been added by the folks doing the early translations. In several places, the authors contradict other authors. So if any actual eyewitness accounts are included, it's purely coincidence.

And then we have the Book of Mormon...

I would not deny him if he was standing in front of me. That’s the evidence a lot of people are asking for.

I saw a 60 minutes episode with Bill O’Reily. In it he talked about seeing and talking to God. I will try to find the video and post it. He has the evidence we are looking for. I don’t know why a bigger deal wasn’t made about that. He actually saw God and talked to him. That’s a very big deal.
Can't find the actual 60 Min. segment, but here's some of it....

Last edited:
If there’s any form of a god out there PLEASE LORD lock this thread ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Anybody notice that coryb, this threads author, hasn't chimed in since Sunday and 53posts ago?? ??

Attachments

• images.mp4
    70 KB
Most of my questions have gone unanswered, so I'll not waste any more time with this thread. Before I leave, however, I feel as if I should explain why I feel the way I do, though it will likely bore some here.

I was born into an American/Italian Catholic family. I went all through the usual rites of baptism, first communion & confirmation. My grandmother, driving herself in a 1947 Desoto, rarely missed mass on Sunday. Although my mom & dad weren't church goers or devout worshipers, they chose to send me to Catholic elementary school where I had no one but nuns as teachers for 8 years, with catechism as a subject during all of them. I also spent a year as an altar boy.

From there, I enrolled in a Catholic high school where I was taught & disciplined by the Irish Christian Brothers. Some form of religious education was a yearly subject, but my main curriculum consisted of prep courses heavy in the sciences with a college major of biology in mind.

Next up, was the University of Dayton, another Catholic educational institution run by the Marianists -- the brothers and priests of the Society of Mary. There I majored in biology but was also required to take theology for the first two years. I also took courses in logic.

Sometime through all this, getting more educated in both religion & science was starting to have an effect, mainly because I also learned how to think. For that, logic played a big role. As I gained more objective scientific knowledge my "Faith" based beliefs in Catholicism started to wan. And the more I examined other religions, I saw the same flaws. That was 60 years ago.

Watching the likes of the TV preachers & soul-saving evangelists remind of the proverbial snake oil salesmen. It's sad that so many older folks, thinking they will be 'saved from the fires of hell,' contribute their money to them.

Now...I expect lightning to strike me shortly, condemning me to an afterlife in hell. It's supposedly even hotter there than it is in Phoenix on a July afternoon except there's no AC.

You all play nice now.

Most of my questions have gone unanswered, so I'll not waste any more time with this thread. Before I leave, however, I feel as if I should explain why I feel the way I do, though it will likely bore some here.

I was born into an American/Italian Catholic family. I went all through the usual rites of baptism, first communion & confirmation. My grandmother, driving herself in a 1947 Desoto, rarely missed mass on Sunday. Although my mom & dad weren't church goers or devout worshipers, they chose to send me to Catholic elementary school where I had no one but nuns as teachers for 8 years, with catechism as a subject during all of them. I also spent a year as an altar boy.

From there, I enrolled in a Catholic high school where I was taught & disciplined by the Irish Christian Brothers. Some form of religious education was a yearly subject, but my main curriculum consisted of prep courses heavy in the sciences with a college major of biology in mind.

Next up, was the University of Dayton, another Catholic educational institution run by the Marianists -- the brothers and priests of the Society of Mary. There I majored in biology but was also required to take theology for the first two years. I also took courses in logic.

Sometime through all this, getting more educated in both religion & science was starting to have an effect, mainly because I also learned how to think. For that, logic played a big role. As I gained more objective scientific knowledge my "Faith" based beliefs in Catholicism started to wan. And the more I examined other religions, I saw the same flaws. That was 60 years ago.

Watching the likes of the TV preachers & soul-saving evangelists remind of the proverbial snake oil salesmen. It's sad that so many older folks, thinking they will be 'saved from the fires of hell,' contribute their money to them.

Now...I expect lightning to strike me shortly, condemning me to an afterlife in hell. It's supposedly even hotter there than it is in Phoenix on a July afternoon except there's no AC.

You all play nice now.
OW- we always appreciate your comments and pics, at least I do. This sight is a lot like a locker room where we say what we feel and then we all put it aside when game time shows up. None of us will ever get an answer 2 religion and at least we all have that in common. Rather we believe or do not, we are all stuck in this world together. I have Mormon, Catholics and Southern Baptists in my bloodline and that use to bring on some pretty heated conversations during family get togethers. Thankfully there are websites like this where we can all have fun and abuse the hell out of one another! I am going to post one more after this and then I am out of this conversation as well.

OW- we always appreciate your comments and pics, at least I do. This sight is a lot like a locker room where we say what we feel and then we all put it aside when game time shows up. None of us will ever get an answer 2 religion and at least we all have that in common. Rather we believe or do not, we are all stuck in this world together. I have Mormon, Catholics and Southern Baptists in my bloodline and that use to bring on some pretty heated conversations during family get togethers. Thankfully there are websites like this where we can all have fun and abuse the hell out of one another! I am going to post one more after this and then I am out of this conversation as well.
amen.gif

One thing I've gleaned from this thread is there are likely far more conservative, yet non (or not very) -religious folks out there than I imagined. And I'm not referring to SS...

You wouldn't know they were conservative, they act more liberal.

I work with a flaming liberal that is adamantly atheist and the lightest whisper about religion and he gets triggered the same way as SS! and JB1975 do with all the "silly book" talk and believing in magic.

So it must be true, they all think and act alike so atheism is indeed a religion...

IMG_5596.jpg

Ok, so like I stated in my last post-this is my last post on this thread. Here is our oldest daughter with our second grandson and we are pretty excited. His name is Ben and I hope he turns out to be as good of hunter as his mom and grandma!! I might not be all that crazy anymore about religion, but this is unreal. He showed up today around 130PM.

View attachment 74464
Ok, so like I stated in my last post-this is my last post on this thread. Here is our oldest daughter with our second grandson and we are pretty excited. His name is Ben and I hope he turns out to be as good of hunter as his mom and grandma!! I might not be all that crazy anymore about religion, but this is unreal. He showed up today around 130PM.

Congrats!

View attachment 74464
Nice Congratulations!
What a miracle babies are.

There is no real physical God.....there is only a belief in something bigger than man, to fear by man, to make men behave.....to make order in mankind.......

Belief in God is a good thing....

Matthew 28:5-7
But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him. See, I have told you.”

Happy Resurrection Sunday!!!!! God bless you all!
1711897963983.jpeg

I was raised Catholic, attended Catholic school for 12 years, was an altar boy for six years, converted to Evangelical Lutheran through marriage, have been the church president twice, and believe that religion teaches us to generally be good people. Ushered at Easter service yesterday.

The Bible (it has many versions and early drafts that are wildly inconsistent with each other) was written by 'scholars' in the Middle East over 1,000's of years largely by oral stories told over generations. Let that sink for a minute. I think how bad stories get butchered over one weekend. Anyone that wants to quote from the Bible to support their position should probably understand how it came to be. If religion allows you to be a better version of yourself and lift up others than thumbs up. If religion allows you to claim superiority and cast judgement on others than you might be part of the problem. Scripture states that Gob will return to judge the living and the dead - he does not need your help.

No doubt for generations man has struggled with the question of how we arrived here. Even with modern science this largely unknown. We have not even scratched the surface on that topic.

It is generally accepted that there is an infinity of universes. At this point there is little doubt that there is a wide variety of life throughout these infinite universes. My point is you should be very skeptical of someone claiming to have this one all figured out.

Humans will likely be extinct long before we answer these questions.

These questions will never be answered by the living. You have to find truth for yourself. I like these:

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known

And

Judge not let ye be judged.

There is one truth for ME that outshines all others. Faith that Jesus died to take away my sins and rose from the dead. That is why I celebrate Easter.

To to the OP point: hunting IS important. Just not anywhere close to being as important as the reason for Easter.

I was raised Catholic, attended Catholic school for 12 years, was an altar boy for six years, converted to Evangelical Lutheran through marriage, have been the church president twice, and believe that religion teaches us to generally be good people. Ushered at Easter service yesterday.

The Bible (it has many versions and early drafts that are wildly inconsistent with each other) was written by 'scholars' in the Middle East over 1,000's of years largely by oral stories told over generations. Let that sink for a minute. I think how bad stories get butchered over one weekend. Anyone that wants to quote from the Bible to support their position should probably understand how it came to be. If religion allows you to be a better version of yourself and lift up others than thumbs up. If religion allows you to claim superiority and cast judgement on others than you might be part of the problem. Scripture states that Gob will return to judge the living and the dead - he does not need your help.

No doubt for generations man has struggled with the question of how we arrived here. Even with modern science this largely unknown. We have not even scratched the surface on that topic.

It is generally accepted that there is an infinity of universes. At this point there is little doubt that there is a wide variety of life throughout these infinite universes. My point is you should be very skeptical of someone claiming to have this one all figured out.

Humans will likely be extinct long before we answer these questions.
Or the Bible was written by 40 or so men over 2000 years as inspired and directed by God just as the Bible claims. Joseph smith and Mohammed wrote books that don’t agree with each other yet the Bible written by so many authors of different time periods and cultures does agree with itself. Not a coincidence.

My background - grew up in Christian home and public school. Believed in Theistic evolution. Then was shown the facts - a dead tree in the forest rots over a decade, it doesn’t petrify over thousands of years. Coal excavations repeatedly show “coalfield”trees imbedded through “millions of years” of layers. The complexity of a single celled organism. The total absence of 2 or 3 celled organisms. BA Chemistry, MD- Surgeon. Wether its evolution or aetheism or Christianity at some point you are relying on faith, just like the chair you are likely sitting in.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom