hunting on sundays

D

deserteagle500

what do you personally feel about hunting on sundays? i know that in states like MASS. its against the law to hunt on sundays. do you think this is a law that should be inforced, looosened, or removed?

i personally hunt on sunday for big game but i figure there are enough days during the season to kill ducks and bunnies that i can take sunday off.

what do you think?

the only eagle with enough power and speed to kill and gut you with one shot

I THINK!!!

IF "Pro" EVER GOT THAT LAW INTO EFFECT HERE IN TARDVILLE THERE WOULD BE ONE MORE LAW BEING BROKE BY 99% OF TARDS!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I don't hunt on Sunday! It's my own Personal choice. I don't want to restrict any one else from hunting on Sunday either. If there are rules against it somewhere I think they should be changed.
If I have been hunting hard I don't like to travel and risk falling asleep at the wheel on Saturday night, so I will sleep in and come home on Sunday.

I prefer to hunt sundays, just less folks in the woods.

I completely understand why some would not( religous or other reasons), but i worship in the woods, and what better place to be more in tune with the world, to bask in the beauty of the world that was created for us.

Why the hell should there be a law that says you can't hunt on Sunday? I'll get flamed for sure but what makes Sunday any different than any other day? I don't care if a guy makes that personal choice but get rid of that law. It kind of goes against separation of church and state, doesn't it?

Hear - Hear Tagmuncher, The only reason it's illegal in Mass. is because Mitt is the governor. But seriously folks, what is more spiritual than spending time in the hills with friends and family? Besides, I only have two days off. If I rested 50% of the time I wouldn't kill crap. Usually don't anyway but at least I try.

<smile>

RUS

I didn't hunt on Sunday this year, but that was my own personal choice. Doesn't mean I'll do that again next year though. I don't think it should be made into a law anywhere that people can't hunt on Sunday.

Jenn
01306.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-07 AT 10:13PM (MST)[p]I try and avoid it but its hard when its part of what pays the bills. Its a personal choice. But if it is a religious thing your getting at you can ask ALL of the guys I've hunted with, Before we hunt we pray, before we eat we pray, when we kill we thank god for allowing us the good fortune to do it!
There are a few places that I feel close to god, outdoors on a quiet cold morning is one of them.

Son

"There are a few places that I feel close to god, outdoors on a quiet cold morning is one of them."

Amen!

PRO

...."he was a deist. He believed in God but did not belong to any one religious sect, nor was he interested in the theological concepts. Somehow or other, no matter how beautiful churches and synagogues are built, there is something different in worshipping God in the open spaces. No dome can take the place of His sky. No steeple can substitute for tall trees. No choir can outsing the loon or the elk. No decorations can compare with a billion stars at night. In such an atmosphere God comes very close to us. One can almost hear the whisper of His voice".....

I don't know who wrote it or where it came from, but it was the eulogy at my Grandfathers funeral in 1962. It has never been out of my pocket since that day....most traumatic day of my life, so far...and I believe in every word of it.

Sunday is just another day to "be out amongst it"

My beliefs are I should never hunt on Sunday so I don't. That
does not make me any better or worse than anyone that does.
Its my choice and no one elses.

Its ludacris to ban hunting on Sunday. The great thing about living in this country is choice.

Russ,

Please show me where "Mitt" is responsible for banning hunting in Mass.

>...."he was a deist. He believed
>in God but did not
>belong to any one religious
>sect, nor was he interested
>in the theological concepts. Somehow
>or other, no matter how
>beautiful churches and synagogues are
>built, there is something different
>in worshipping God in the
>open spaces. No dome can
>take the place of His
>sky. No steeple can substitute
>for tall trees. No choir
>can outsing the loon or
>the elk. No decorations can
>compare with a billion stars
>at night. In such an
>atmosphere God comes very close
>to us. One can almost
>hear the whisper of His
>voice".....
>
>I don't know who wrote it
>or where it came from,
>but it was the eulogy
>at my Grandfathers funeral in
>1962. It has never been
>out of my pocket since
>that day....most traumatic day of
>my life, so far...and I
>believe in every word of
>it.
>
> Sunday is just another day
>to "be out amongst it"
> that was good nickman makes a guy think about life. rick

Why the hell not? If Jesus was on earth he'd have a gun and be hunting I bet too... Man, just think, he'd know all of the spots.

What about wednesday...
Do you think there should be a law forbidding hunting on wednesday?
I personally choose not to hunt on sunday; but if someone wants to make a law, make it wednesday...kinda breaks up the week...

Is Mitt responsible for the laws forbidding hunting on sunday in parts of Canada too?
Sheesh...hes got more pull than I thought...maybe I better vote for him...

------------------------------------------------------
By the way,
I live in UT.
There are a lot of UTARDS that live here.
I have also seen quite a few WYOMORONS, NEVADUHNS, COLORADORKS, ID-IOTS and AIRHEADZONANS in my travels.

Banning hunting on sunday's is wrong no matter how you look at it.
It's simply a moral issue that should be handled by each individual, not made a law and controlled by the government.

Isn't there something about mixing church & state?

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

if i only have saturday and sunday to hunt (weekend warrior) then i'll hunt it. this year i was able to steal away from work for an 8 day trip. i figures that i'd give it a rest for sunday and i just glassed all day long. i was still on the mountain, still doing what i love but i wasn't exaclty "hunting".

if i could though, i'd ban ALL hunting on sunday. if i could do this it would mean i was the king and could do what ever i wanted, then i'd be the only out there on that day. infact, i'd ban it for mondays too, THATS FAMILY NIGHT!!!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!

the only eagle with enough power and speed to kill and gut you with one shot

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-07 AT 04:41PM (MST)[p]The thought of not hunting on a Sunday, has never crossed my mind. I miss a lot of church Sept thru Dec but I think I'll be OK when it's all said and done.........

I have only hunted on Sunday a couple of times in my life. This is kind of like cities and states that outlaw the sale of alcohal on Sunday. To me, it just doesn't make sense! I believe that God has given each of us our "free agency" to choose. If we choose to purchase beer on Sunday, I think you should be able to. If you choose to hunt on Sunday, I think you should be able to.

from the web...

By Jonathan Finer
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, December 4, 2004
"Commonly referred to as "blue laws," the collection of restrictive statutes implemented or inspired by New England's devout earliest residents included bans on such things as lacy shirt sleeves, birth control, and hunting or buying alcohol on Sundays.

The result is a remaining patchwork of blue laws that vary widely among, and even within, states. Car sales on Sunday, for example, are banned in all Maryland counties except Montgomery, Prince George's and Howard. Pennsylvanians cannot buy beer in stores on Sunday, but bars remain open. Hunting on Sunday is banned or restricted in 15 states, and 32 restrict alcohol sales."

and another site
"...courts in New York and Connecticut have ruled that, because blue laws were created and propagated by religious groups for religious purposes, they are unconstitutional."

I grew up under "blue laws" in New York (with 900,000 deer hunters today) that banned Sunday hunting for deer and wild pheasants (but okay to hunt pheasants on a game farm). Rumor had it there was some continuing support for the closures in modern times because it gave the animals "a day off from hunting pressure." In the view of some, not allowing Sunday hunting is not particularly conducive to hunter recruitment and retention (e.g., youth hunting). Then again, the minimum age to hunt deer in New York is 16, so "youth" is a fairly narrow window.

Tom Keegan
IDFG Salmon Region Wildlife Manager

"It is better to go hunting and think about God, than to go to church and think about hunting.
That's my take on it."

Dang, I AM going to hell!

I like that Saddlesore,

I hunt Sundays, but in exchange I don't chase wild women, get into any fist fights or smoke dope, during that whole day :)

No way I'm hunting on Sunday! Ain't no way I am gonna step over the line to the dark side. If I even think about it, I put on an extra pair of garments and pray for forgiveness.

I am at church all but a few Sundays per year. I sure don't want to restrict anyone else from hunting on Sunday if they so choose. How you live between Sundays is far more important than whether or not you hunt on them.

Having said that, the teaching, worship, prayer, and fellowship found in church is invaluable to the spiritual developement of any professing born again Believer.

Its fair chase, or its foul!

>I am at church all but
>a few Sundays per year.
> I sure don't want
>to restrict anyone else from
>hunting on Sunday if they
>so choose. How you
>live between Sundays is far
>more important than whether or
>not you hunt on them.
>
>
>Having said that, the teaching, worship,
>prayer, and fellowship found in
>church is invaluable to the
>spiritual developement of any professing
>born again Believer.
>
>Its fair chase, or its foul!
>

Well said IMO.

Ransom

Well living in the Maryland, it sucks. If its raining or crapy weather on Saturday... you're done hunting for the week unless you take time off during the week.

The excuse I hear most is not about 'church' per say, but the non-hunters that want to have one weekend day to themselves, where they can go into the woods and not worry about bullets/arrows hitting them. The argument may have started as a day for 'god' but it has since morphed into the later.

Our season starts on the 15th of September and runs to the end of January. Not many 'non hunters' in the woods that time of the year anyway for one, and the other is that they have nearly 6 months (spring turkey season) out of a year to enjoy both saturday and sunday in the woods with out having to worry about hunters.

In the last few years, there has been a little progress made in allowing some hunting on Sundays. I belive we get 2-3 Sundays to hunt, but its only in select counties, and on private land only.

I think it should be up to that person. It should NOT be controlled by anyone but yourself!! I agree with others and I feel much closer to GOD on the Mountain than I do sitting in church.

And.....to say Mitt is responsible for that law is just plain STUPID! and prejudice!!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom