Hunting partners

krazy

I am curious who you all prefer to hunt with. I am trying to get my wife interested, but so far it hasn't gone well. Just after we were married she went on an elk hunt with me. She froze and got her legs got beaten up pretty bad while we were riding horses through some timber. Haven't gotten her back out since. This year, though, I have convinced her and my daughter to tag along for a general season deer hunt. Can't wait!

I must admit, though, that nothing beats hitting the trail with my old man. He's a seasoned vet, and has stories about every draw, ridge, canyon and trail on the mountain.

I found with my wife I had yo work her into huntingbthe way I did my boys when they werr young. Keep um comfortable and with plenty to look at critter wise then work up from there.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Great question. I enjoy hanging with the crew at
Camp. When we leave camp to hunt I prefer to
Be alone.

Waterfowl hunting, I can handle one guy in my boat
If they know how to STFU. Nothing worse than somebody
In your ear all day. I did enjoy the help cleaning up the decoys
At the end of the day, but since I switched my spread
To rig em rights I can get 6 dozen in the boat in under
Five minutes by myself.

Most of my views is because I'm just an ornery
Old plick and look at my time outdoors as a great time
To recoup the mental health I lose during the week.

"The future is large scale auction tags.
The majority of the tags should go up
for auction anually. It MIGHT even be
good to allow second sales of auction
tags as in outfitters purchasing tags
and then re-selling them to the public."
TRISTATE 8/17/2012

My best hunting partner is/are my hounds.

My wife will go hunting with me, but everything has to be right. If I am going to be sitting out behind glass all day looking for deer, she will stay home. If I am going antelope hunting, she will tag along, as will my daughter. They will both with me lion and bobcat hunting, and exploring, but I have to think about their needs more than mine. I can take a beating, them not so much.

As far as other people, I just hunt by myself, even have a hard time hunting with my dad. I tell people that want to go hunting with the hounds, they better not need to be home for 24 hours, my wife included. So she stays home most of the time for the lion hunts to take care of our daughter when she is in school, etc.

I prefer to either hunt by myself or with one other good Partner.

In years past, a good pard had to be able to keep up. Now, they have to be able to slow down. Funny how that is,

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Since your wife and daughter are going again, if it is wet/snowy or really cold when you wake up, let them sleep in and have an alternative for those two while you hunt. Make sure when they head out of the tent it is going to be reasonable weather for them so it is fun and enjoyable... I learned that the hard way :( haven't got my oldest daughter out since, that was 7 years ago :(

My favorite partner would have to be my Dad, many memories together and he still gets it done at 66 and hope he has many years yet with me. My buddy Bret is a close second, he hunts as hard as me and I never have to ask if he wants to see what's over the next ridge or in the bottom of some hole, he is already headed in that same direction.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

My favorite partner was my dad. We hunted together from when I was just a little one until he was 88 years old when he took his last buck. Along with hunting with my dad I hunt every year many times with my brother and my son. I've even been known to take a certain trooper hunting with me just so I can laugh at him but he will remain anonymous because he carries twin Colt 45's.

2311idiot.jpg

>
>My favorite partner was my dad.
>We hunted together from
>when I was just a
>little one until he was
>88 years old when he
>took his last buck. Along
>with hunting with my dad
>I hunt every year many
>times with my brother and
>my son. I've even been
>known to take a certain
>trooper hunting with me just
>so I can laugh at
>him but he will remain
>anonymous because he carries twin
>Colt 45's.

I bet your dad, brother and son can/could shoot better that you. Thats why u go with them. I seen u shoot. So i know im tellin the truth
>
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

Camping tent = 5 star hotel with room service and HBO.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Im a weirdo I guess----like to get away from the wife a bit and enjoy some man time! I dont go shoppin for clothes with her and she dont go huntin with me. Im a hundred times better to be around when I get back from elk camp and she knows it. Got 3 or 4 good buds that i camp with and tell stories, sit by the fire and possibly down a cool one.

Well hope the Wife don't see this one...I find when I hunt with the wife I have to do twice as much work and she always gets the first chance to take an animal. I don't mind hunting with her its just so much easier and more relaxing hunting without her. Other than that I enjoy a good group of guys to share camp with but its hard to find someone I totally enjoy hunting with.

jack and bud are great partners around the camp fire, but aint worth a dam on dragging one out!!

YEP........ITS A GOOD PARTNER (6-8 DIFFERENT GUYS), ALONE....WHICH IS REALLY GOOD........NEVER THE WIFE ON A HUNTIN TRIP................................YD.

I would like to be Tristate's hunting partner.

Does anyone know what the statute of limitations is for accidentally shooting your hunting partner?

I hunt with me,myself and I.......

I camp and hang out with others at times these days,but I've hunted alone. Otherwise it's babysitting....

4979wyoming_2013_011.jpg

These are my two hunting partners. That is my son, Canyons first big game animal. I loved sharing that with my Dad...the man that taught me how to hunt and how to respect the outdoors. I will pass all I know on to my son. Cow elk tag in his pocket this year....can't wait.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom