Hunting w/ resident relative

marley

Very Active Member
My brother in law is now a resident of Alaska. Is there anything special he needs to do before I can hunt Dall sheep and Brown bear with him. He is not a big hunter, only been a few times in his life but is willing to go with me. Does he just need to be with me on the hunt?

look up alaska fish & game reg. on google to make sure you can hunt with a brother inlaw for bears and sheep. looks like i will be up there hunting with my brother too, i am pretty excited myself.

If you put in for some drawing permits AK Fish and Game limits the number of permits given to those hunting with Second degree Kindred. Kodiak Island is one example as is the Tok Management Area for sheep.

My non resident brother has collected almost everything Alaska has to offer. I remind him frequently how much money I have saved him over the years.

Your BIL doesn't have to do anything special but he must be with you and ensure that you are both doing everything legal.

LAST EDITED ON May-03-14 AT 09:27AM (MST)[p]He also has to draw from the resident pool of tags. The odds of drawing the brown bear tag I have for this fall is %16. If he's going to hunt with a bonafied guide, he can draw from the non resident pool which is nearly %100 draw.
His BIL has to be with you at all times.

So YOU can't hire a Call Girl and have her be your guide, Damn.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>So YOU can't hire a
>Call Girl and have her
>be your guide, Damn.
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Sure you can as long as the hooker is your sister or mom. Have fun with that.

I was thinking more along the lines of Sister in law.
Since that would be a lot more fun.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom