Huntnfever, for those who Knew him

tworivers

Yesterday my little brother Scott aka Huntnfever passed away.... I wanted to thank you guys for treating him with respect.. and listening to him.... For the guys hunt hard, and when you harvest please take a moment and remember a veteran who loved the country, hunting and the State of Idaho. He was so excited to go hunt Wyoming. He loved the campfire section here on Monstermuleys.. Thank you all.
He loved the outdoors and all things wild..
Thanks again..
Shane Hayes

you have my condolences. I am currently in afganistan fighting for our country now. it hits harder now knowing what they have done and what I am doing now when a veteran dies.

bukhunter
P.E.T.A.= People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

He will be truly missed. He was so in love with hunting that you could feel it in his posts. RIP peace Brother

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

HHAT???!!!

Wow - I am stunned. That is a sad sad deal. Sounds like it must have been a surprise. I know some things are personal and better left unshared, but if you could enlighten us a little on the circumstances of his death we would all appreciate it I'm sure. If you don't feel comfortable, by all means ignore this.

Wow, what a shocker.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Sad news indeed. I wish I could have personally thanked him for his service and I know he's hunting huge mulies in heaven.

Bill

Oh man - that is terrible to hear, thanks for sharing that Shane. I think that helps us all to understand a little more. Really truly sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers for sure. He was definitely one of the good guys on here.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. I remember him saying a little while back that he just found out he has a kid.. Very very sad deal.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Very sorry to hear about your brother. I remember thinking his posts were good stuff. My condolences to your family.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Oh my god! That's terrible news. I guess you just never know.

He was a funny guy that contributed much to this forum. He will be missed. Seems like every once in a while the MM family loses "one of our own". I am very sorry for your loss, as well as ours.

Sad, Sad, Sad......
Always , my sympathies and condolences....
Thanks for his service from one vet to another

Real sorry for your loss Tworivers.

Your Brothers passion for hunting was obvious in his posts. He will be missed.

We will all lose loved ones during our time here. It always seems that we are never prepared no matter the circumstance. This is an unfortunate one as God gave no warning....no sickness. I feel for you and your family. God bless you.

Steve

Dang,
Sorry to hear this.
Always read Huntnfevers posts.
God Bless!

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Terrible news. He seemed like a good guy who had his priorities straight. Wish we had guys like him. My condolences to your family.

Boy this is tragic shocking news. He was way too young in life for such an abrupt ending. My heart goes out to everyone close to this young man. While I did not know him outside of these forums, he always seemed like a very nice, polite young man. Life can sure throw some crazy curve balls at times.

I can't help but think he will surely be someone's wing man when they are in need of a guardian angel some time. It seems that is the kind of guy he really was. If you read the following post you can see exactly where is heart was.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/16304.html

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Shane, I had to go back & read a few posts to refresh my memory. What a stand up guy! Life is hard. Especially when we lose good people.

Russ

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-10 AT 10:28PM (MST)[p]+1 1911. I couldn't have said it any better. Scott is now in a much better place than we are. I can understand and appreciate your loss. Tworivers please find comfort in knowing that he's better off now. Some day we'll all rendezvous at the big campfire in the sky. I pray that GOD blesses his family and comforts them all.

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_13010.jpg[/img][/url]

Terrible news... Condolences to his family and friends...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Shane my thoughts are with you and your family as I send my condolences. Scott was a stand up guy and he did contribute a-lot here on MM. It always made me laugh every time I got the end of his post to see "Has anyone seen my kitty" and the cartoon. You could tell from his posts he was a passionate hunter who was willing to help others.

1911 very appropriate and well said.

Shane I sent you a pm...

Thanks... I appreciate all this.... I am seeing a side of him and how he touched people on here... I wasn't aware of..... He is my Hero a Marine/Army man who did two tours and laid it down that other's may pick it up!! Semper Fi!! Freedom for all!

Shane

Wow, that is so hard to comprehend. I don't want to believe it. Scott will be missed by all of us. Please accept my condolences to you and your family and friends Shane.

Eel

Please accept my condolences to you and your family on your loss of Scott....way too young for this to happen.

Brian
http://i48.tinypic.com/238eb6.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry for your loss, I think you should put together a post with as many pictures of great times you guys had together. Maybe include some stories to go along....alot of us on here would enjoy celebrating his life with you.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

tworivers,
So sorry to hear of your loss. A sincere heartfelt thank you to your brother. He is now hunting with a Governors tag every year!!! PTL Forever. Keith Fish.

Shane, I'm am so sorry for your loss, as I'm sure many others on this site are, and just can't find the words to say....but I promise you that many unspoken thoughts go out to you and your family from all of your mm family. I read this when you first posted it, but just couldn't find the words to say until now. This tragedy just goes to show us all how unpredictable and fragile our lives really are. Tomorrow is a gift, not a promise. It reminds us to tell those we love how much we love them everyday! On behalf of a lot of your mm brother and sisters, we are so deeply sorry for you and your familys loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you all........

Terra

4b51f9eb019b017b.jpg

How tragic. My condolances to friends family. RIP! My he always be in your hearts.
God Bless you and yours.

Rutnbuck

QTPIE writes:

"Tomorrow is a gift,not a promise."

Such wise words. If we can all live with that in mind the world will be a much better place.It sounds like Scott did just that.

I am going to post a few photos as I can on here... take it as you may.... If you want to get to know the kid... I will tell a few stories... it will be hard .

Thanks.

Him holding my 2007 wyoming buck I asked him to pose with it.

555wyoming_deer_005.jpg

His first Turkey and last hunt we shared.
We called in a Jake that scared the hell out of both of us we did not know it was there. We decided to slowly ease along brush line.... he was going fast.. i tugged on his shirt and told him to slow down.... we came around a corner he threw the shotgun up and shot this tom with a 7 inch beard. He was so excited he jumped up in the air and grabbed me in a big bear hug and said " I love you! I am addicted for life! I told him to settle down it was just a turkey... but as it worked out our last hunt as brothers.

7569scott2.jpg

Ihttp://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/1944scott_ralphie.jpg

Great post, thanks for sharing. I would love to see more. I do hope your family is doing as good as can be expected.

Thanks Shane. Please tell us more. He was your brother, but he was also a hunting brother to us also.

Eel

Shane
I think alot of people on here would really like to see more of Huntnfever the man we knew on the MM forum's,please post up more.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Always enjoyed his posts and the little razzin he gave me every once in a while. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

It's always an adventure!!!

Sorry for your loss. My words can't express the sympathy I feel for you and your family. I always enjoyed his posts. He will be missed here from the MM family as well.

I am sorry for your loss as well and thoughts and prayers to you and your family. It makes me think about my grandpa; he is a died in the wool Marine; even at 85 and would be willing to throw down with anyone today that does not bleed for this country. He lost his twin brother on Iwo Jima and I see what he has gone through in his life and my thoughts are with you as I know you will think of him every waking moment. Unfortunately it takes things like this to be a reality check that we are not as bad off as we think we are in almost all cases. I appreciate the service he offered for his country.

Here is his best youngbuck impersonation....... I teased the hell out of him for the chinese eyes. But this was probably the most memorable bowhunt that we had together. As we entered the canyon we saw a 140 class whitetail buck.. we split up he was in Creek bottome and I stayed on the road... I watched him shoot at that stupid buck four times from about 40 yds away and miss him everytime shooting over his back or under his belly. We went up the canyon where he shot and missed a nice 3*4 muley, and then in disgust decided he would shoot a doe... which he missed repeatedly. We gather his lost arrow's and started to drive down the canyon at dark.... this little buck was standing out in the hayfield..... he asked what I thought the yardage was.... I had no sooner said 35 yds than this little guy was shot and dropped. I don't know who was more suprised the deer, me, or Scott. :) This was his first bowkill. I am so glad to share it and him..... even his buck/doe fever... he truly loved it all!

6388duane_bonnie_photos-158.jpg

1944scott_ralphie.jpg

That is great !! A lot of times the "true trophy" is the experience and memories of the hunt. Good luck on this years upcoming hunts !! Hope is all well on your home front.

BTW it is nice to see your addition to your posts.

I would every spring, drag him with me to fish for steelhead.. up at 300 am drive the two and half hours to get the hole, fish all day.... most times get skunked drive home and do it again till next time.

I finally convinced him that a longer rod......... got more action!

6551salmon.jpg

Here is a pic of his little man.... On his first fishing trip with me.

3378p1010148.jpg

Has anyone seen my kittie?

8020scott_ralphie.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom