huntodds.com what happened?

HuntHo

Anyone know what happened to the huntodds.com site? When you try to access it the Huntin Fool web site comes up.

I sure didn't get my money out of my subscription. Does anyone remember elk hunter magazine?

SO THAT MEANS THEY GET TO TELL US HOW GOOD THE HUNTING IS FOR 180"+ BUCKS!!!

AND HOW TERRIFIC THE ODDS ARE!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I saw the latest issue of the Huntin' Fool magazine and the Carters claim that they hired the two creators of HuntOdds.com and they are now Huntin' Fool staff members.

You're right, its always about the money, but....

You've got to admit the service they put together at Huntodds.com must have taken thousands of hours, and money out of their pocket.

The info was invaluable, and free! How often does that happen?
How often does anyone volunteer that kind of time without compensatation.

Must be a dream come true for those guys to land a gig with one of the most recognized hunting corps. out there. Getting paid for doing what you love and all the sweet HF perks as well.

Who wouldn't?

Kudos to Kirt and Aaron, hard work pays off.

YA,and if you are a member of Huntin fool and have recieved this months copy.The things they are adding to what they already do are amazing....It will give you a serious advantage.

I don't care for him or his services(garth). Just him saying so can ruin the draw odds for an area you may have hunted for years and drew every other year now maybe a 5 year draw...(and get road hunted mostly.)
I do not see any advantage in his services, if most just get off there butts find map, scout, hike around, even just ask on MM, or get on the phone. Might be ok for the folks back east!
my 2 cents...
rm

I agree with rackmaster. There are too many people these days who want everything handed to them. Take a little bit of time and do some research. It is more rewarding that way.

It's Bush's fault!!!

I have never used Carter's, but I can see where MANY folks can benefit, and apparently MANY do, from their services. But, to expect it for free is silly. If someone puts a service that is in demand out there that is a result of work/research/effort, they should be compensated for it by whatever the market deems it to be valued at. If you don't want to pay for someone else doing the work, do the work yourself, and stop whining about it.

PRO

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-07 AT 04:12PM (MST)[p]huntodds.com was not a free service. And those of us who paid would expect a courtesy e-mail letting us know they were closing shop. It wasn't much money, but a notice would have been the right thing to do.
Integrity.

I have found Huntinfool to be a good source of information and Garth is always willing to answer questions and typically returns calls.
I do most of my hunting locally but, i have use their info for out of state hunts. IMO it is $100 well spent.

Never heard of hunt odds, was that the "odds book" that was recently put online? Anyway whether huntodds.com closed shop or not doesn't mater. If the argument here is that " Huntin' Fool " is stupid then every business in the hunting industry is stupid. I think that those that go into business make a big sacrifice and sometimes go along time without it paying off. When it does everyone else that couldn't make it hate the other guy. Kudos to Garth and the whole Huntin' Fool staff for staying persistent as entrepreneurs. As for the guys at huntodds they have a right to take opportunities to advance themselves financially just like the rest of us. However, maybe they should have notified those that subscribed to there service but maybe they didn't have they opportunity to make it right. Don't get all butt heart over it. And don't hate Garth, because if it were your idea to do what he has done 12-13 years ago no one here on MM or anywhere else would pass it up. Unless they where afraid to leave there current profession and try something so innovative.

didn't read where anybody said Huntin Fool was stupid. In addition, Of course Huntodds guys have a right to take opportunities. Nobody said they didn't.
My beef was that I wasn't told they were shutting down.

I did get an apology from them, for that, I thank them.

huntodds.com was free, I never paid for it? I got my HF mag last night and went to there website, the huntodds stuff is there now, it is nice. I enjoy the magazine and wish they were not so big and attracting so many apps, but I also wish I could have their job!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom