huntsonora

idabigbuck

Just curious, why do you display the video of the fighter trying to kill the other fighter after he is obviously out and unable to defend himself? That video is the worse case of sportsmanship I have ever seen.

Its fair chase, or its foul!

Don't be calling that fighter a pisscutter or you could wind in a heckuva mess.
driftersifter

For a few reasons...

1. I love MMA and thats one of the greatest knockouts I have ever seen

2. Dan Henderson went into that fight as a huge underdog and won the Pride MW Championship with that KO

3. I was at the fight and saw it live, its one of the best sporting events I have ever been to

Your trained to fight until the ref stops the fight. Thats what Dan did and I am positive that its what Wanderlei would have done if the roles were reversed. Both fighters know this before stepping into the ring/cage.

Wanderlei Silva is the guy that was knocked out, why dont you "you tube" him or google him to find out how tough this guy is. There are no guarantees that he was out, Dan made sure the fight wouldnt go any longer.

What a lot of people dont know is that Dan was fighting with a broken right hand, he broke it in the 1st round. His right is his bread and butter. Pretty sweet that he used his left!

Drum

dan-henderson_wanderlei-silva.gif

You gotta understand MMA. There is not "neutral corner" or a standing 8 count. You go until he taps out or the referee stops it. Yes is is a little more brutal than boxing, but if you look at the footage, he doesn't try to hit him with a fist in the face or an elbow to the face, but with forearm to the chin, which is a more glancing blow than a fist to the chin or throat. That being said, I would not want to get hit with one like that either.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-07 AT 12:45PM (MST)[p]LOL, look up some of silva's past fights and them tell me what you would do. They don't call him the ax murderer for nothing. Guys have turned their back on "knocked out" opponents only to lose the fight in later rounds after the guy pops back up.

If he really wanted to "kill" the guy he wouldn't have done it with a forearm to the face.

After losing their first fight in a decision, Dan had to finish him off himself.

Andy

Edit
Here is a clip for ya.......

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.trophyblogger.com/Andymansavage

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-07 AT 12:56PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the explanation.
I'm sure those dudes know that the potential is there die in the ring. Many people have died with a much lesser blow than the one administered by Silva. As strong as those guys and as highly trained as they are, that is one of the most brutal things I have ever seen. To literally come flying down to the mat, elbow first with all your momentum, weight and power concentrated in that one blow. I am surprized the other dude lived. Did He?
Every time I see that footage I cringe. But then again I don't mind blowing holes in deer and elk.
They are some bad dudes!

Its fair chase, or its foul!

To me, boxing is far, far more brutal than this. Boxers can pound each other's heads for an hour with those padded gloves and cause a lot more permanent damage than a KO punch from a MMA glove. I predict that 30 years down the road these guys will be in far better shape than most boxers.

PS . silva was fine, Henderson was swinging as he came down, so there wasn't much behind that blow. If he had come straight down with his weight on the elbow as you suggest, that would have been bad, and illegal.

Andy

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.trophyblogger.com/Andymansavage

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom