Hurt Dog

lve2143

Very Active Member
I got up this morning, and my very best
friend in the world didn't join me as usual.
She is a dachshund of about 9 pounds.

I went and found her, and she is paralyzed in
in the rear end.

The vet says there isn't much to be done.

I'm gonna go talk to them tomorrow.

They are gonna want me to put her down,
but I don't think I can kill my friend licking
me in the face.

I'm in a bad place on this one

Man that sucks my dogs are just like my daughters to me! Hope everything turns for the better.
hornkiller.jpg

Larry if it's not too late try a smashed up ibuprofen in a little bit of food and see if that doesn't reduce swelling on the vertebrae and give your dog it's legs back

2311idiot.jpg

So what brought on this condition? Is it an injury or is it old age? I know little to nothing about dogs other than folks get really attached to the good ones and for good reason.
I'm sure if I had a dog it would love me a lot more than my wife does right now.
Good luck!
Zeke

Might be coon hound paralysis I had a dog get that once. The dog was paralyzed from about the ribs back and would drag himself around with his front legs. Eventually he came out of it but it took about six weeks.

Could also be tick paralysis. I had a dog get that several years ago. Called an old school vet that I knew and he thought that might be it. Sure enough found a tick buried in near her spine. Dug it out and she was up and walking in a few days.

I held my Husky in my arms for his last breath and that was hard to do but he lived a good hard 14 years. Had a female and at age 5 I held her while the Vet gave her a shot to put her to sleep....she had no bowel control. Felt so sorry to do it but the Vet. told me that it is the right thing to do and so she laid in my arms as he injected the serum and she went to sleep.
At that point I swore I would never have another dog...hate cats....but my friends have dogs and I enjoy them like they were mine.

Good luck on your choice and your dog. Don't let him suffer, do the right thing.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Got a Mutt that's older than Me & Limping around nearly as Bad!

Neighbor said it Ain't Nothin a Bullet wouldn't Fix!

Truthful but kinda Hurt!

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

>I buried her this afternoon.
>
>Cried like a teenage girl.
>
>My best friend.

Been there done that, not a good day. Sorry buddy

Bummer. I've buried three, and broke down like a little girl during each burial. The last two have been cremated. More costly, but much easier on the soul.

Losing a family member is never easy. My wife always insists on getting another one almost immediately!

IVE2143,
I'm sorry to hear that and know what you're feeling. I had rto put down my 11 year old lab last Nov, and it wasn't fun. Cried for a week, pretty much all day. Still miss her.

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom