Hypocrite !!!!!

fishon

Very Active Member
I need to be the 1st to call myself a hypocrite. I said I would never put in for the Antelope Island deer tag yet I just finished my application and that was my only deer L.E. deer choice.

But I vow to do something different with the permit when I draw it. I will either go to the wildlife board or the courts if needed and transfer the permit to a kid or a handicapped person.

Or if the wildlife board and courts won't let me transfer the permit I WILL BURN THE PERMIT ON T.V. {Adam Eakles show) TO SHOW THAT I STILL DO NOT SUPPORT SHOOTING FISH IN A BARREL and that we are whoring out our wildlife which ultimately will be the downfall of the common man hunting.

Talk is cheap but my actions will speak volumes.....

Tony Abbott

I'm in a f'n WheelChair as you Boast your Brilliance!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Sure Hope you get the Tag fishon!

I say when you pull the Tag it goes to no other than YELUM!

Can't think of anybody anywhere I'd rather see get it!

And he will have some Help when needed, GUARANTEED!

No boasting here Ruger, I'm just taking a stand. Maybe the tag will be yours. Keep up the fight :)

Tony Abbott

You give it to me fishon & I'm giving it to YELUM!

Since you called yourself a Hypocrite I'm gonna call you a Hypocrite!:D

Tony,
And when I win the Idaho lotto I'm going to give all the money to someone poor, who really deserves it.... ME!

Keep on truckin' my old friend,
Zeke

Kyle,

Didn't realize you were still alive and kicking :) good to hear from you bro. Hope you do win the Lottery, than you can buy into the wildlife hoax :)

Peace

Tony Abbott

Good for you Tony!! Not me though, if I drew the tag I'd go hunting baby!! ..... also on Adam's show. It could be a great show, you burning your tag and me shooting a hawg buck with my bow....maybe muzzleloader. Killing a big boy out there with a bow could be real tough. Of course one of the deer that stand at the ranch house might be easy, but the others could be a real challenge.
I personally have no issue with hunting that island, but I hate that there are auction tags. It should be ALL draw tags, draw tags only out there. We have enough auction tags!!!!!!!!

Tony - If you REALLY believe in your cause, you should u]buy the auction tag and burn IT on Adam's show. You know you ain't drawing that tag, so your threat is empty. Be a man buddy!! Buy the tag next year and burn it. I'd really respect the heck out of you then!!!!!
LOL

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I am glad to see Tony alive!!! its been a little boring around here with out some to help stir the pot on SFW and MDF. But at least Tony knows his stuff. He knows the down right dirty stuff and thats what I like to hear.

Did I mention I am going blind and loosing my legs???

Stop by the A.C. and I can tell you more sad stories;)

If I was in tax bracket to buy the tag I would consider your challenge :) To each his own I say and if I don't put in I have NO chance.

Just save me a forum on your site when I do draw it so we can really get our money's worth out of this plan :)

If I draw it I will honor this vow, that you can be sure of.

Hope all is well.....

Tony Abbott

Peay attention Robi!

fishon said He wasn't ever comming back!

That makes him a HYPOCRITE!:D

So fishon?

It was OK for you to once PIMP & WHORE Tags out for money?

Shoulda stuck with it!

Huntin hasn't improved since you quit doing it,WTH?

TONY WTF??? Man I have been a fan of your media ventures, I have argued your side in these forums continually. In short for the most part I have had your back.

You put in for a deer farm, and to make it look good your gonna promote yourself on KSL?? Really? So you give your tag to some kid in a wheelchair, but you want to do it in the public spotlight? Pretty damn sad, are you that craved for attention? Do you need to promote yourself that badly?? You want respect for that??

You were a FUNDRAISER FOR MDF. You have all these connections with all these deep pockets. Heres an idea, that tag went for what $120,000? Raise the money, buy the tag, and give it to Make a Wish. THEN, go away, let Adam show the hunt on T.V.. Let him talk about how he knows who bought it and why, but that it was a SELFLESS ACT, and that person wants to be anonymous.

I watched a girl on Adams shows who was severely handicapped hunt deer with Byron Bateman. I cried watching it, but I was a little put out with the front running done by SFW. It would have been a beautiful story, even better with an anonyomous donor.

You want good t.v., you buy the tag, give it to some wounded warrior, or kid in a chair and then let them burn it on Adams show. Being handicapped doesn't mean you want to hunt tame deer!!

Come on man, your WAY better than this!! Don't use some B.S., tag donation to promote yourself!! Hopefully I don't have to take you to the shed again, I prefer having your back!!

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

nice thought to give it to Yelum, but I would put the same odds of drawing on a bet that Yelum would never take it in a million years!! those deer are his buddies!!

Wouldn't that suck if all the anti-hunters did the same? Start applying for and getting limited entry tags and then burning them? Yuck!!!!

Just my opinion here, but those deer on the island are no easier to kill than most deer in November. No, the hunt out there shouldn't take place in November, BUT the folks who buy or draw that tag have a choice to hunt the animals however they want. If they want a tougher challenge, they could hunt with a gun. Or, if they're too fat to walk more than a 1/2 mile from the road, then maybe a rifle would give them a better chance. Skills, physical condition, knowledge and more, often dictate how tough any hunt is for any particular person. Tony feels Antelope Island is way too easy for him, so he protests the hunt. Fine!!! For me, I think with just 5 days to hunt, it could be a challenge to go solo and kill one of the best bucks out there, especially with a bow or muzzleloader.

Of course you could always get lucky and catch the giant right near the ranch house, just off the road. Who knows? That's possible on any hunt..............

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I hope you draw. Heck ya Id take the tag if you gave it to me. I'd have hell of a good time scouting for monster bucks that I wouldn't shoot.

Yelum

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-12 AT 12:47PM (MST)[p]Kevin and Ruger thanks for the laugh.

Don't mix the issues. I said the conversation tags are accounted for and do some good. The miscue here is with the convention tags.

When I helped create them there were guidelines i n place to ensure the integrity of the convention permit revenue. WHile a I was there MDF NEVER spent 1 dollar of the convention permit money. It was in an account building interest waiting for the MDF board to decide on how to distribute it.

If my memory serves me right Mdf and FNAWS both received approximately $300,000 each out of the revenue of the convention permits and SFW received approximately $400,000 out of the revenue of the convention permits. This was only the 1st year of the permits.

Now there was about $1,000,000 raised the 1st year and about $80,000 in expenses to run the draw so you see my numbers are close.

So You can speculate and accuse and rant and rave all you want but I know the facts cause I was there.

Not sure what the "showboat" comment means, I am just doing my own thing trying to make ends meet. But when a topic comes up that I have facts on it is my duty to state those facts.

Tag Whore? Yes you could of called me that, I have never said I I wasn't back then. But I can assure you I used EVERY DIME of the money I was in control of on UTAH"S WILDLIFE.

So even though the 2 of you want to make this about me now the topic isn't. This is about a program that was set up to provide for Utahs wildlife and it is not. Nothing more and nothing less.

Let me know if there is any other facts you would like on the subject.

Tony Abbott

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-12 AT 01:03PM (MST)[p]WOW Nick, didn't know I had something to promote for myself and didn't know I did anything to warrant such strong words from a so called "friend"'

And a "fundraiser" for MDF, well I was a bit more than that my friend :) bit refer to me as you want.

Before you rant and rave anymore you need to understand what it would take to get a drawn tag transferred in Utah to someone else. The rule does not allow it right now so it would be a HUGE battle with the wildlife board and possibly in court. One that I would undertake at my own expense to see through.

That in itself would make it a HUGE undertaking that would get media attention. Not attention for me NIck attention for a stance or a cause or a belief or whatever you want to call it.

I have set sail into making a living for me, so why you would make this about promoting "TONY" I don't understand. I have NOTHING to promote. I am doing 90% of my business in New Zealand and Alaska.

So tell me Nick what am I trying to promote.

Anyway I hope all is well for you in your adventures. And if I had the money I would be putting it towards kids or handicapped or unfortunate, but since I don't I guess I need to draw the permit and then take my chances within the system

Hope all is well Nick.

Tony Abbott

We've heard it a million times fishon!

I don't see the Deer Herd Improving?

Never seen it Improve when you were wrapped up in the MDF!

And whatever you're doing now I don't see the Deer Herd Improving?

I ain't got nothin against the MDF other than:They've had time to step up to the Plate & start turning things around with the Herd!

They don't get TRASHED on here like the SFW/PEAYDAY,WTH?

Heard what a million times Ruger?

The deer herds are actually worse than they were in 1994 when this state cut out 100,000 hunters that we will NEVER get back. MIllions in tag money has been put into the "deer cause" yet it comtinues to get worse.

Maybe the system is not so good after all. MAybe all the "tag whoring" is not making a difference.

I know I know people say including the DWR "where would out herds be if we didnt do all this habitat work and predator control". That falls on deaf ears. Other states that have not even begun to do what Utah has have better deer herds then us. Why is that?

Maybe the system needs to change and the hoax of these convention tags needs to go away.

Lets just call a spade a spade. What Utah is doing is not working and has not worked. Maybe they should try Biology rather than politics. Seems to be doing alright in other states.

ANyway Ruger we don't even know each other so I am not sure where you got all your info on me from. Glad to buy you lunch sometime if you want to get to know me. I will even use MY OWN money to buy, not the atates wildlife.

TAke care

Tony Abbott

How many points are you gonna burn along with this tinder tag?

I do have to say it's kinda strange that you'd feel ok about donating the tag to a kid or a handicapped person if you're so against "shooting fish in a barrel."

Anyhow, good luck in the draw...you'll need it!

8 points. And I know the deer is gonna get killed, so why not let a kid or handicapped person do it.

I know the odds of drawing are almost as bad as drawing the henry tag at the expo, but if Im not in I have ZERO chance.

BUt if I do draw, someone more deserving than me will get the tag if I have anything to do with it;

Tony Abbott

Drawn tags should not be transferable, in any case. If you want to buy a tag and then transfer it, go ahead.
IF you drew and IF you won your court battle how do you know it wouldn't open the door for all tags to become transferable? If tags become transferable then non-hunters will begin to put in for hunts to sell the tags they get. That would be a bad situation.

MSY

Arizona allows you to transfer a tag you drew to your kid or a handicapped person and it works just fine and makes great memories.
And FYI

LAndowner vouchers, CWMU vouchers and conservation permit vouchers are ALL TRANSFERABLE already.

Also the Utah WIldlife board took 200 tags out of the draw and gave them to SFW and MDF for free for them to transfer and make a HUGE profit off of in a "leagalized Utah Raffle". How is this any different?

Tony Abbott

You know, I think a PR expert would say you've got mixed messages going here...

...if you're trying to stand up against hunting the island then you oughta stick with burning the tag. Then no deer dies.

...if you're wanting to donate the tag to "someone more deserving" then you oughta stick with that plan, even though the logistics of it might be tough.

You're kinda contradicting your stance against hunting the island by offering to donate the tag!! Burning it would be easy, and I'm sure it'd make for great and exciting TV too! LOL

Tony,

Every year the company I work for donates numerous truckloads of food to our local food pantry. They do it numerous times per year. This is the first you have heard about it, and they are one of the biggest companies in the country, and have a PR department.

Tony you can do everything you talked about without Tony Abbott being known. Sorry dude but you are a media "celebrity", are are known to most of us because of your media ventures.

I know you were more than a fundraiser for MDF, but my point was simply you have the connections.

Tony the reason I have backed you is because you realized at some point that being a "tag whore", or sell out or whatever was wrong and you had a pivot point. Did you feel slighted by SFW, want revenge, changed beliefs, or just had a change of heart, never mattered to me. What mattered was that you saw the error of your ways and tried to change the system. In doing so a lot of guys went after you for it, but I thought you were right so I said so. I think this is wrong so I am saying so!

Lastly, if you would be so kind, who did you guide for in Alaska? We are talking a GOOD fishing trip for my 40th next summer, maybe we could slap each other around more then!

This antelope island hunt has been a fraud since day one, the park made money without it last year, and at $100,000 less this year they can't even pretend it is to "save the park", its simply about inches, always has been!

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

THat made me smile Wayne :) but I don't think you and the rest of the MM world could handle me being a MARTYR.....

Tony Abbott

I was under the impression that trophy hunting with these highly sought after and marketable tags was a rich man's sport. (whether they are rich in $ or rich in luck).

The above post was written with all due respect....

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-12 AT 06:39PM (MST)[p]Kudos to you Tony!!

BUT----

I hope my 82 year old dad draws that AI tag as I just hit 'submit' for him like 5 minutes ago.

I think the AI hunt is a good hunt for an 82 year old cowboy outta Malad, Idaho.

Robb

How bout..... If you draw that tag you have to shoot him with a tranquilizer gun. Tag him then transpost him up to the suffering deer herds and let Bess keep an eye on them for free. Makes best sense of this deal

You can bet your arse----I will be looking you up if he draws NUNYA!!

He will prolly draw that before I draw my D-Ram tag and reachout to ya!! haha

Good for him---

Robb

An 82 year old man is the type of guy that the hunt should be for. I got no problem stepping aside for him. But if he can't draw it might as well be me :)

Saint Abbott

Tony I would love to see you do just that. Good Luck

Robb I hope your Dad draws and if he doesn't I hope Tony will give him his tag if he draws.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom