I got my antelope today..... So 4 for 4.

S

supersider34

I got mine today.WooHoo... My wife smoked all of us. I went to work today to work and when the wind was blowing to bad I decided to take a drive. I drove looking for the big buck I wanted but they moved cows into it and the ranchers are out there all the time so made a big loop. I went to a water hole I found on the second day and decided to sit on it. I decided the first one that came in would go down. I have deer season coming next weekend and have to help get the wifes and daughters. Then I have a elk hunt with my wife on the 15th. Antelope closes on the 23rd so decided it was today or nothing. Well anyways I made a ground blind at 140 yds away from the hwater. I saw some antelope about 3/4 of a mile or more away. This was 11 a.m.I sat and watched them get up and feed then bed. It was so hot I fell asleep and thought it was around 3. Well I woke up and glassed and saw they where moving toward the water. I saw the buck just coming and the doe's stayed behind. he came all the way in and I hit him quartering away with my 270. I had some reloads from a guy I know and they are some major shells. I hit the buck and he almost dropped and started to run and ran 75 yds and fell over. he was facing me and tried to get up. Well I shot again. I then watched and he was down for good. I went and got the truck and drove down there. When I saw the hole I about crapped. It went all the way threw and blew the neck out. The second shot ran down his side and melted a 1/2" run all the way down his side. It was cool looking so I am going to get the hide tanned. I can tell everyone that I missed the second shot by a hair. Literally. He is not a big buck but got my first antelope as did all 4 of us. My wife got the biggest buck. We are getting hers for the wall.
I will get the film in to Walmart tomorrow and try to get the pics on here then.
Good luck all and happy hunting.

fca2e9e9.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom