I HOPE THE MDF OR SOMEBODY STEPS IN???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
We Can't Capture Them & Move Them!

We've Got Such A Surplus Of Mule Deer They're Gonna Kill Them!

Don't Know If The MDF Can Help Save Them Or Not?

I Hope So!

I'd Rather See Some Cowboys Show Up & Rope Them Rather Than Them Getting Shot!

Maybe Somebody Could Start A Committee To See Who's In Who's Back Yard!

No Offense To You PUNK!

The Home Owners Are Saying:

Them F'N Deer Are In My Yard!

Somebody Get Them Out Of Here!

But They Actually Moved In To The Deers Yard!

I'm Sure The KING Will School Me On It!

And I'm Not Sayin It's The MDF's Responsibility To Fix The Situation!

Just Seeing If They Or Somebody-else Could Help?

I Hate To See Them Slaughtered Rather Than Trans-Planted!

What'll Happen is:

They'll Kill 15 or 20 Deer & Wonder Why there's 15 or 20 More That Will Show Up Next Year!

Whose fault is it that these deer have become a nuisance?

We are running to the same problems near Elko, NV. Huge HOA and tons of ranchettes that everyone bought.

Residents - Deer are getting in my yard and eating my petunias, so we fed the deer.

NDOW - Don't feed the deer - here's your citation

Resident - This is BS - They are going to starve, we can't let them starve, we need to move them somewhere.

NDOW - Where do you want us to move them? You moved into their kitchen (winter range)!

Resident - I didn't move into their winter range, I moved to the "insert HOA here"

NDOW - Facepalm

Its a lost cause in most of these areas around the west.

Carson Front, Wasatch Front, Area 6 and 10 deer herds with Human encroachment from residential to mining blocking off access to marginal winter range.

Garson Road area in the Carson Front might just be the final nail in the coffin for those interstate deer.

I read a flyer left on my door by someone running for city council in North Logan. The platform of her campaign seemed to be that gender is unchangeable and deer in the city need to be "responsibly managed" because they cause so many problems. Go Karen!

MDF will not take a position on mule deer management. Their mission is to improve mule deer habitat…….. a politically safe position to take, to keep from offending/loosing member/donors.
They lost me a member from Montana for taking that safe position. We have great habitat in many areas we just choose to keep the boots to the throat of them with our management and MDF just stands by and does nothing.

I Hope So!

No Offense To You PUNK!

The DWR canceled the Urban Deer Transplant years ago that the MDF was funding and manning.
They said it wasn't effective ?‍♂️

Have you people forgotten about the massive Nebo fire that took place a short while ago that destroyed approximately 50% of the habitat on Nebo and Loafer mountain which in fact is the backdrop of the Elk Ridge now urbanized by human encroachment?

The MDF has spent millions and has ongoing projects rebuilding guzzlers, planting new habitat and watershed for these Deer that have nowhere to go but into these multi million dollar neighborhoods to survive.

Habitat restoration doesn't happen over night, it takes decades.

I'm not making excuses to save face here, but capturing Deer and taking them back up on that mountain would result in failure.
It's a failure either way.

I am currently digging into more direct information from both MDF and Division officials to get the real story and facts versus internet speculations and armchair biology.

I will report my findings back when I get them.

Slam

Last edited:
Have you people forgotten about the massive Nebo fire that took place a short while ago that destroyed approximately 50% of the habitat on Nebo and Loafer mountain which in fact is the backdrop of the Elk Ridge now urbanized by human encroachment?

The MDF has spent millions and has ongoing projects rebuilding guzzlers, planting new habitat and watershed for these Deer that have nowhere to go but into these multi million dollar neighborhoods to survive?

Habitat restoration doesn't happen over night, it takes decades.

I'm not making excuses to save face here, but capturing Deer and taking them back up on that mountain would result in failure.
It's a failure either way.

I am currently digging into more direct information from both MDF and Division officials to get the real story and facts versus internet speculations and armchair biology.

I will report my findings back when I get them.

Slam
Hahahahaha this is gold. Not going to make excuses, but makes excuses. Keep passing the blame MDF but keep telling us how much money you’ve spent.

Hey PUNK!

They Could Take Em Somewhere Else If They Were Really Trying To Help The Deer Herd!

Easier Just To Say F'It!

We're Killing Them!

Is something funny SS?

Enlighten us on the Elk Ridge incident since you're so educated about it residing in Alaska.

You don't even know where it is.....stay in your lane, fool.
Oh it’s very funny. Now you’re blaming fires for lack of results. How many of those suckers…er MDF members live on the winter range? ??????

Which state has the only growing mule deer population? Yep that’s right. alaska. No thanks to the MDF. Best part is we don’t want them here!

I think all those mule deer need is some DP nutrition. Am I right? Sprinkle a little on the habitat and bam! Knock the sleeves off!

I Hope So!

No Offense To You PUNK!

People are too ignorant to realize that they moved in on wildlife. They think that the wildlife moved in on them. It’s god damn sad they are killing town deer because of the people that moved in to the deers home don’t them eating their flowers and are on the roads. Sadly it’ll only get worse in every place people keep moving into. Don’t worry it’s not the people’s fault, it’s the deers fault for being there before the crowds got there. Kinda the same as the injuns. Their fault for being on our land before we got here

People are too ignorant to realize that they moved in on wildlife. They think that the wildlife moved in on them. It’s god damn sad they are killing town deer because of the people that moved in to the deers home don’t them eating their flowers and are on the roads. Sadly it’ll only get worse in every place people keep moving into. Don’t worry it’s not the people’s fault, it’s the deers fault for being there before the crowds got there. Kinda the same as the injuns. Their fault for being on our land before we got here
I bet it is impossible to follow your train of thought in conversation too! I almost needed a translator to get through that one! ?

I bet it is impossible to follow your train of thought in conversation too! I almost needed a translator to get through that one! ?
Aside from a few problems of punctuation, grammar, one the omission of one word "don't (want) them eating", I'm pretty sure Giddyup's post would have be perfectly understandable in spoken language.

I Didn't Have Any Trouble Comprehending it!

But Will It Pass An MM GRAMMAR Inspection?

Aside from a few problems of punctuation, grammar, one the omission of one word "don't (want) them eating", I'm pretty sure Giddyup's post would have be perfectly understandable in spoken language.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom