I pulled the trigger...

Man sure hope spring/summer turns up some moisture. Winter has been flat out sorry. Will be a good hunt regardless, its not all about the antler size in the end anyways. I know the unit very well and have grown up around it. Let me know if you need any help or ideas if the tag comes your way.

Coloradoboy

Appreciate the offer, I will take you up on it.

It is a unique place. Visited last year to get the lay of the land. On ranch fields could see a herd of deer a herd of antelope and a herd of cow elk at the same time...

6654img_0918_medium.jpg

Good luck , wow thatsa long haul waiting to pull the trigger. Know you will make the best of that one in a lifetime opportunity . I hunt the Gila often and hear most every year the talk of how important each years rainfall is to developing massive headgear. Just my two cents worth.... When the genetics are there big mature Bulls will grow big horns. Period! A wet year helps no doubt BUT they will still be big .... Maybe a 4-5% reduction in total score on those dry years. Enjoy the hunt and kill a BIG ONE. Keep us posted ?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom