I want to buy dslr...please help..

antlerless

I am pretty new to photography and want to buy an slr to try and expand my abilities getting better pictures. I have heard to go with Nikon or Canon but don't have a big budget. I am looking to stay under $1000. I have been looking a little at the D3100, D5100,D90 or EOS models.

I am looking for something relatively easy to use but has some advanced options as I learn. I can't afford to buy one of these cameras every couple years so I need one that I will have for a while, I am looking at taking pics of the kids, scenery, wildlife etc.

Am I on th right track or should I be looking at something different?

Thankyou for your help

---------------------------------------
"you can't fix stupid"

You are on the right track. The D3100 is a great option and Nikon has a $100 rebate that goes away on the 30th. They will not be extending it at that amount due to the earthquake in Japan.
The D3100 is a 14 MP camera, shoots awesome pictures in low light, auto focus in video and is very quick. Both lenses in this kit are VR lenses and are tack sharp
There is a great promotion now on the D3100 2 lens kit with the 55-300 so you would be covered from 18-300 with the 2 lenses.
I can do the camera with the 18-55 and 55-300, an 8 gig card, 2 UV filters and a bag for 879.99

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
575 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
212-753-5128
www.cameralandny.com

That Nikon sounds like a killer deal !!!

The only draw back of the DSLR's is that they make a ton of noise when you shoot with them. The mirror flipping up and down will alert any critter that is close enough to film even with a 300mm lens.

I've been hoping that more of the companies will make mirrorless DSLR form factor body like the Panasonic GH1 and newer GH2. These are smaller with a digital eye level viewfinder and the lcd screen. They did away with the mirror and thus are able to keep the weight down and the noise of taking a shot is gone outside of the autofocus motor.

Believe me, you get one shot of a deer with a DSLR in a tree stand and that's it :)

Cheers,
Pete

I was in the same boat as you and I opted for a T2I. I really like it so far and I have been practicing on the local birds. Here is a shot I took last week with the stock 250mm lens.

herron1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom