ID Draw

IDoutdoors

Well since the application period is over for elk, deer, and antelope. What units did everyone put in for ? Anyone feeling lucky? Good luck to everyone!!!

18 for deer and elk...3rd year for elk..hopefully draw

I love how this site can calculate draw odds for any unit in ID..its impossible with the way ID does the draw.

unit 73 deer and 68 second season archery lope I think my odds of drawing are good lol!

>18 for deer and elk...3rd year
>for elk..hopefully draw
>
>I love how this site can
>calculate draw odds for any
>unit in ID..its impossible with
>the way ID does the
>draw.

Had an 18 deer tag last year let me know if you draw.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-13 AT 11:08PM (MST)[p]I had it in 2011...my gf had it last year..how was your hunt..PM me if you want.

>The regs say by July 10th.
>but usually does'nt happen until
>around July 1-5th. has been
>my experience.

They were posted last year on the 27th if I'm not mistaken. Go back to about page 10 on the Idaho forum and you will see several threads on the results/backdoor/frontdoor/odds. Look at the dates.

The back door method is usually up the third week of June. They are officially posted about a week after that....typically. I hear they have a new gal running the result posting though so it may change this year. The trophy results this year came out about a week later than years past.

>I put in for unit 45
>for archery elk and 39-2
>for archery deer (late)

IDJ we are in for the same two hunts. Good luck to you...

I put the wife and myself in for the unit 40 late deer hunt. I dont feel great about drawing but if we do I am hoping to get my wife in on her first big game animal!

Between my sons drawing a couple hunts in a couple different states and my general season deer tag in Utah most of the dates conflicted.

Could not just not put in where I already had my license from the bear hunt so I went for the lottery and put in for a late elk and a late deer where there is only one non residence tag that could be issued.

No I'm not feeling lucky, but I guess there is a slimmmm chance.

Good luck to you all.

Just checked and the "back-door" hasn't been opened yet. Hopefully this week sometime...

Good luck everyone!

Horniac

>Just checked and the "back-door" hasn't
>been opened yet. Hopefully this
>week sometime...
>
>Good luck everyone!
>
>Horniac

You're only about 10 days early. Based on the trophy draws, I'd bet it will be later than last year.

Damn Femoral leave us some hope, this is no time for logic....

I don't know about the rest of you but I prefer this part where I still have a chance, kind of like a stalk before the wind hit's you on the back of the neck.

>Damn Femoral leave us some hope,
>this is no time for
>logic....
>
>I don't know about the rest
>of you but I prefer
>this part where I still
>have a chance, kind of
>like a stalk before the
>wind hit's you on the
>back of the neck.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. Since I didn't draw a mt goat tag, I don't have any good tags coming my way even if I do draw.

Keep up the hope guys, this could be your year!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-13 AT 01:50PM (MST)[p]At the risk of getting the obvious response, what is the "back-door" for draw results in Idaho?

The back door is thus: Log onto the License vendor online, and look at the Tag tab.. if you draw, your tag will show up as available for purchase.

By the way, if you don't draw, the only thing available will be a Deer Tag, Elk Tag, Bear Tag, Second Bear Tag, Wolf Tag (How Many), Cougar Tag, Second Cougar Tag, Turkey Tag, Extra Turkey Tag, and Special Turkey Tag...

Unless of coarse you're like me, then the only thing left to purchase is the Special Turkey Tag! :7 :7 :7

>Back door open?

Still seems to be closed but you can only tell if you are successful drawing a tag. As a NR with low odds of drawing a tag, there might be better "bellwethers" out there than me...

Horniac

>>Back door open?
>
>
>Still seems to be closed but
>you can only tell if
>you are successful drawing a
>tag. As a NR with
>low odds of drawing a
>tag, there might be better
>"bellwethers" out there than me...
>
>
>Horniac

It looks like they waited until the very end of June last season to open the back door. If that's the case, we may have to wait a full week before we find out.

I don't have an elk tag available to select...but it's probably because I have already purchased an archery tag.

Horniac,
No preference point system in ID so you have the same odds of drawing as a NR. Good luck in the drawing.
Anyone burn any $$ on Super Tag lottery tickets? One each for both deer and elk for me.

Regarding checking the "back door" go to buy license then purchase tags? I tried to do that today but it would not let me in. Am I going about checking the right way?

>Horniac,
>No preference point system in ID
>so you have the same
>odds of drawing as a
>NR. Good luck in the
>drawing.
>Anyone burn any $$ on Super
>Tag lottery tickets? One each
>for both deer and elk
>for me.

Lambeau,

I agree with you right up to the point when the NR's hit the 10% tag quota. At that point the NR cannot draw a tag so the NR draw odds go to 0%. I usually look at the draw odds in two ways in ID as a NR; The first way is to take the NR tag quota for the unit divided by total applicants both RES & NR. The second is to take the NR tag quota for the unit divided by the total NR apps. Neither is entirely accurate as true NR draw odds cannot be calculated, but I think it more closely depicts a NR's chance of drawing a tag, because it takes the NR 10% quota into consideration.

I usually throw my name in the hat for a SuperHunt ticket or two. I haven't yet this year but might once all the draws are complete.

Anyhow, good luck in the drawing to you as well and the rest of everyone on here!

Horniac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom