ID unit 58 cow elk

IDoutdoors

Anyone willing to share any info on the Idaho controlled cow elk hunt in unit 58. Is this a weather dependent hunt or are there elk there most of the time? Are the numbers of elk good? What is the access like during this hunt? Would this be a good hunt for a youth hunter? I’m researching everything I can about unit 58 on the net. Just some general info would help. Thanks

Above objective #s and the entire month of Nov make this a desirable hunt, consequently higher odds of drawing. Good luck. Access stays good thru the hunt. With little snow, they can be herded up and high on the hill. Requires long shooting at times.

Did this unit last year and if I'm being honest tagged out opening morning before 8:00am plenty of elk in the area. I scouted quite a bit and figured out where they had been going frequently prior to the season. Had some friends also have the tag as well as the bull for that area and opening morning several tagged out.

That sounds like a fun hunt! Glad to hear there are plenty of elk in the unit. I love the country around there. Only fished at Birch creek before never hunted elk there. Thanks for the info nickabocker!

I have a muley tag for 58 this fall. I have a feeling I'll be seeing way more elk than deer, but looks like great scenery and it will be fun being amongst elk even if I don't see many bucks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom