Idaho 33-2 Muzzleloader Elk Hunt

H

Henry

If you have done this hunt I am interested to hear how it was. It looks fair in the stats. I just wonder if is worth limiting my options that much? I am willing to work hard for my animal, and I love the smokepole. Please share your story and opinions, and any thoughts on the hunt quality.

I posted this on the Elk page and thought I'd give it a try here.

This hunt has only been offerd with a general tag for 2 years now, The only problem with the hunt is there are a lot of people, as this is one of very few cow tags available with-out a draw. There are a lot of elk in the area, but access is limited, As this is very rugged county, If heavy snow falls, which it usually does in early November, you will be limitted to hunting close to the highway. I did hunt both years and never connected, but saw a fair amount of game, most allways out of range, as I did not want to take any shots over 150 yards. Note:I shoot a Traditions mag 150, and I dont know why, but in cold wheather I have learned the hardway that this gun will not hold a group, Actually It does not do well any any wheather, I was new to muzzle loading and when I bought it I had no clue, I am how ever going to get the new Remington 26 in barrel gun real soon. Waiting for Bass pro to stock it. After reading these posts I have learned that you get what you pay for,as I did not know what kind of groups you could expect from a smoke pole.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom