Idaho Bighorns

M

Martin

Does anyone have any info or could offer suggestions on hunting bighorns in Unit 20A or 27-1. Thinking hard about actively pursuing a tag for this hunt.

Resident or non res? you need to be in tiptop shape if you do it yourself. I've guided and scouted sheep in both areas and there is pretty much only two types of terrain there: straight up and straight down. There are some really good rams there though. Most of the good places to start looking are pretty remote. The ram skull I posted in the shed forum came from that country. If you draw I might be able to draw a couple magic circles for you.
wink.gif

wink.gif

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-03 AT 07:53PM (MST)[p]Resident. I am in great shape and have about great stamina and endurance. I was a long distance runner for many years and being in your twenties still helps. I really appreciate the response. Would you reccomend one unit over the other? The reason that I picked those 2 hunts was because of the good odds of draw. I would like to get into that country come spring and look around. I have been downstream of North Fork and saw the Stoddard packbridge heading into outer BFE. Yes that country is up & down, nothing else. On a short trip in that country this fall, I got to see quite a few deer, elk and sheep. Nothing big though. I would really like to pick your brain about drainages. I research hard and hunt twice as hard. Send me a message sometime at [email protected]. Thanks, Derick

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom