Idaho Mule Deer unit 54

B

bowhunterbob

Drew an Idaho rifle mule deer tag for unit 54. I have never hunted this unit for any species. Anybody have any information? Thank you!

Very good unit. I have scouted for others down there. Most hunters go up into the main roads. I always looked out in the desert to the west end of the unit. Have found some very nice bucks out there if you have the time and love to glass. Come in from 93. Glass, glass, glass.

Not to be a jerk but why would you apply for an area that you have never been in? I live close to the unit and am up there a ton. Though I can't share any info as i will be up there helping some friends.

It's better if you just don't post to this forum if you're not trying to be a "Jerk". Especially if the only information you have to share is that you can't give out any information .

Squiggly. Seems lots of people do put in like this. If you have info help out. If I had the time I would show you around down there. One key thing to remember is this. Deer will go where less pressure is. Most people will not get off and hike. Drive around down there to get to know the area. Use google earth to learn roads also. You will not see a ton of deer but in my opinion I saw more quality bucks there.
Good luck

Actually, Squiggy's question is not only logical.. it's at least as 'realistic' than applying, drawing and then saying, "Hey, somebody who didn't draw.......show me how".

Within the shadows, go quietly.

I am not asking "How", I know how to hunt. I am simply asking anybody who knows that unit for information on that unit. Most likely this will come from someone that has hunted it in the past. I'm guessing that I'm not the first person to apply for a unit they have never hunted.

Bob let it go. I ask that people that question all the time about putting in fir an area you know nothing about. You will get help from people.

Got a 21 yr old drew a tag in a unit here in Idaho cuz his g/f dad told him to. Well he drew and girl is down the road. I have no tag in that area but I will hunt as much as he does in there. He will tag out also.

Go have fun. I am sure you have areas to start. Good luck .

Ya, I have some good ideas already. I'm from Idaho as well so I am somewhat familiar with the terrain. Thanks for the help supersider. Good luck in your hunts this year!

Going good so far. Got 2 tags filled already. Bear and elk. So off to a good start. Thanks. Good luck and be safe.

I will give you this info. Go look around in the unit and find some areas to start. I am not sharing my spots as I have hunters to take up there to get their deer. Though get off the road and actually hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom