Idaho Muzzy Antelope

Blank

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-17 AT 04:34PM (MST)[p]Couple pics from my muzzy antelope hunt here in Idaho this past week. I had been gone since it opened back in Sept., and was it was getting down to the last two weeks. I have developed a good relationship with several of the ranchers, and they always appreciate me getting rid of a bunch from the alfalfa fields. This year I was the only one of the four of us to draw a tag, so I was doing it solo.

It looks like the lopes in our neck of the woods may have taken a hit this past winter. I was only seeing a third of what I normally do, and high scoring goats just weren't there this year. There were plenty in surrounding units, just not mine! They give out a lot of tags for this hunt, and the unit average is only about 11". After searching high and low, I decided that a fully mature buck over the average would be all that was necessary to fill my tag this year. Now I just had to find the right one! :)

Three full days of driving, glassing, stalking, and sitting in ambush finally came together. This one was the herd buck out of a group of 16, and just what I was looking for. Quartering towards me broadside at 202 yards, and I made a good shot right where I had held on him.

49685muzzy1.jpg

52291muzzy2.jpg

2055muzzy4.jpg

Predator (Lisa) has a thing about eating the heart, and since I did not ruin this one, I managed to save it for her. I'm sure she is over in Wyoming right now taking care of business in the unit she drew. For their size, it is amazing how large it is in an antelope and explains a lot about their ability to run at that speed for such long distances!

23997muzzyheart.jpg

Hope everyone got a tag or two filled this week, and looking forward to a bunch of Oct hunting success stories.

Vortex Crossfire 1x24. Non-magnifying, and I really don't like having to use it. I have presbyopia in my dominate right eye. Cannot focus on either sight , or the target with open sights anymore. I have in corrected vision is 20/10 in left but 20/100 in right. Can adjust the scope to see crosshairs now, but it is like looking thru a pipe and only seems to show about half of regular view

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom