Idaho point system

robinsg61le

So, what is the status of the proposed Idaho point system? A few of us NRs are licking our chops wanting to get in on that first round! J In all seriousness, if I was a resident, I would fight the point system to the end because it will flood the drawing with applicants. I apply for Idaho on years when I can afford it and not on other years. If they go to a point system, I will apply every year without fail, and I doubt my situation is unique? Anyways, updates?

The legislature has allowed the creation of a point system. The IF&G can now create one, but will probably go through a period of public comment before doing it.

The F&G wanted to put a system in place a few years back, mainly because they knew it was one of the only ways to increase revenue with out increasing already high hunting pressure. The idea stalled in the legislature. Now that it was slipped into the bill that passed all the F&G needs to do is take the idea and run with it. I will continue talking to some of the good people at IDFG and encourage them to get the point system ball rolling, and I encourage everyone else to do so as well. It is very easy to get a hold of them either by phone at (208)334-3700,email [email protected] or just by going to their website at http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ and scrolling to the bottom of their home page clicking on the contact us link and there is a place right there to send your comments.

They didn't have the funds a few years ago for the system upgrades which stopped the process. I doubt they have the funds now for any system changes.

It is too late to implement a point system this year. As long as the F&G can make an agreement with a vendor and there isn't a significant outcry against a point system, Idaho will have a point system for the 2010 draws.

A couple years ago the F&G found about half of Idaho?s hunters wanted a point system and half did not. It was an easy decision for the F&G, they decided to error on the side of $$$. The legislature not allowing the F&G to significantly increase the application fee was the only thing that held off a point system in Idaho.

brymoore,

The F&G does have the funds because the new bill allows the F&G to charge us for the funds.

I would prefer they not go to points and also drop the requirement to buy a License.
But that's just me.
If they go to points I'll start applying.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom