Idaho second chance drawing

>And the odds would be better
>infn' people did'nt post a
>reminder on the WWW.....

Funny...Yeah, 1 in 1500 versus 1 in 1499.....here come the tears again, always something to cry about

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-11 AT 06:55PM (MST)[p]>And the odds would be better

yeah. nobody that puts in and doesnt draw knows about this "secret" second drawing.

Yeah, I think the odds suck....but my daughter did get one last year.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-11 AT 09:26PM (MST)[p]>And the odds would be better

Let me know what area yer puttin in for and I'll put in too, just cuz...

thanks for posting the link. i hate that new go#darrned site !!!! i can't find jack sheet on there now. i searched for this for an hour and couldn't find it....good luck

I see my tag, or what was my tag. Had a son on July 24th and just cant see leaving the wife for however long to chase an archery buck 7 hours away from home, and to top it off, I am jobless (working on building an internet business but only making under $500 per month so far), so gas money is a huge constraint. Should not have put in for it. Sorry for whoever else put in for it. Good luck to whoever draws it in the second draw, and your welcome.

http://snakeproofgear.com

sorry to hear that fly4fish. my brother didn't pick up his tags either......maybe i will get them ! i bet the guy that lost his owyhee bull tag feels sick there were only 5 tags total

I bet the Unit 45 tag *were* holders are kicking the crap outta themselves right now if'n they forgot to purchase the tags by the deadline!

Mike

So many top end tags, I bet the odds are better than most years since it will spread everybody out. Crazy how many great tags didn't get picked up.

Grizzly

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-11 AT 09:14PM (MST)[p]anyone who draws a top notch tag and FORGETS to pick it up is a complete dip$hit. i think its absolutely hilarious, and dont feel the least bit bad for them. im sure fish and game doesnt either $$$.

The girls at Fish and Game downtown said every year some guys come in in late Sept to pick up there tags oblivious to what has happened and get all irate. Kind a funny I think!

You can search previous year draw odds for second draws and the odds are usually about 10x worse than in the regular draw. But of course I know people who have drawn good tags doing it and for the price of a Starbucks Quad Shot No Whip Pumkin Mocha you too can try your luck for one!!

IF you get drawn on the 20th for second ddrawing how long do you have to pick up your tag, I can't find a date but all the ones that nobody puts in for go on sale shortly after. Any ideas? Thanks

OK just got off phone with fish and game they said no deadline on second draw you can pick it up at any time. Draw should be before the 20th. All left overs on sale the 25.

Can't see how to put in ONLINE for second draws. Anyone else do this? Am I missing something obvious?

I can buy tags, but no apply for CH.

i just got to the check out page and saw the "convinience fee" of $3.69 per hunt application. screw that. i'll hit a local vendor in the morning.

>i just got to the check
>out page and saw the
>"convinience fee" of $3.69 per
>hunt application. screw that. i'll
>hit a local vendor in
>the morning.

I used to think that way but now figure I'd spend a gallon of gas getting there plus my time lost. Unless you already planned on going to a store that sold tags it's worth it to pay the fee.

over half the cost for each contolled hunt application is a little steep. plus, i did have to go to the store anyway. bastards:)

I think they gave themselves until the 25th hopefully they will be up by the end of the week though. Its time to make some plans

>Anybody know when the results are
>supposed to be posted?
>
>Mike

I talked to the lady at F&G this morning and she said the draw would be 1 or 2 days then check online immediately thereafter.

>>Anybody know when the results are
>>supposed to be posted?
>>
>>Mike
>
>
>I talked to the lady at
>F&G this morning and she
>said the draw would be
>1 or 2 days then
>check online immediately thereafter.

Oh wow... why can't they do it this quick for the regular draw??? lol Now I'm really gonna have a tough time getting work done!

Mike

They usually get this 2nd drawing up in a few days because some of the hunts are starting soon. Plus, they have far less applicants/tags to draw for, so in theory it should be much easier.

Ya and less applicants. The hunt I put in for started yesterday but I have till December ; ) this may be old news but looks like MOOSE second draw results are posted so maby well find out tomorow

Moose second drawing application was over a month ago and they've been up for a few weeks now I know that...

Hopefully tomorrow they'll be out!

Mike

some may take this rude but o well. i like reading the posts on here since im on here more anyways its quicker.

but

does no one read the regs any more it clearly says in there for second draw the app period is 5 to 15 of august, winners notified by 20, and all leftover tags go on sale to public on the 25 is that really complicated

Not that complicated, and I ain't offended... just figured I'd ask, I knew it'd be soon as I know about them going on sale on the 25th just wasn't sure if results are usually a few days or the full 10.

Mike

Actually it says by the 25th. They usually make results available withing a few days of the drawing considering several hunts have already started. Maybe tomorrow.

Actually it is a little complicated. There is no deadline to purchase second chance drawing tags. The leftover tags that go on sale on the 25th are only the tags that nobody put in for in the 2nd chance drawings (ie. the crappy tags nobody wants anyways).

I'v been trying to get into the Idaho F&G website, and its down, so hopefully they are updating it with the results...

I was just about to post the same thing.... Its hard trying to not get excited even though the odds are rediculously against me haha

Mike

LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-11 AT 02:31PM (MST)[p]Their site was running this AM...I called and they said "next week" That's what they always say...come on...

Still down!!! Anyone else think the "new and improved" website design was a huge step backwards?? Waiting on fall bear and a shot in the dark on deer.

i got on but its taking forever to load any thing. yup waiting for that big ol you didnt draw we just took your money again. im wanting my dad to draw more then me he hasnt hunted in like 10 years been to concentrated with us boys when we were younger and then he moved outta state. now its my turn to take him and get him a bigger deer then me and my brother got

Site is back up, but no results for 2nd drawing.... They need to hustle up I'm not sure if I should be scouting my archery unit this weekend or if I get lucky in the draw the other unit lol

Mike

I just called F&G, they said it is a hardware problem. They couldn't give a time line when the site will be back up. As Chris Berman would say "C'mon man"...

chitty.... did you happen to ask if they'd ran the draw yet? I'm thinkin it might've crashed when uploading results. Lets hope if I drew they have the results still! And if I didn't then there's a re-draw in the works lol

what good is a link going to do if you cant access the site? you all need to relax.....youre not going to draw anyway:)

i'd also be leary of any guy asking you to show them the back door!!!!

>Here's a link to the licensing
>system for the slower group...
>
>
>https://id.outdoorcentral.us/

Good to see BMoore is always prepared, probably because his crowd draws more second try tags than anyone I know. We'll I checked for me and my boys. Nothing yet. I did put in for one relatively high odd 32 late cow tag, but nothing.....

I did get through the front door on the regular draw this year before the "back door" worked though, so maybe the system changed also.

The site is back up but no results yet. They must be recounting the draws one by one due to the hanging chads on the applications. I figure since the website has gone back 15 years in design that they probably have started doing all the applications by hand again.

or maybe they are keeping the site down because you immature people cant keep from ckecking it 15 times a day{ill be right back} make that 16,17, 18 .....

Talked to a lady at the Fish and game office in Boise and she said the 2nd drawing is done but with the web page down there is no way to get results until it is fixed.(Which she said should be soon)?? Keeping my fingers crossed...

I stopped donating money for the Second Draw. The odds ore WAY worse than the first draw. I know they make a ton of money doing this second draw, but I sure wish they would just issue left over tags to the next person on the list from the first draw!

Is that where you go to the Outdoor Central purchase page and see if you can purchase your controlled hunt you drew? Never checked the ID backdoor method...

Mike

>If part of the fun of
>hunting is the anticipation of
>drawning a tag...we are all
>getting our moneys worth

HAHA, good one.

backdoor says i drew deer. and that was the long shot pick.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-11 AT 04:39PM (MST)[p]Go to the links on posts 57 and 61 above. Go through the prompts like you are going in to buy a tag/lic. When you get in, if you drew you will see the tag you drew listed under a Controlled Hunt tab. If you didn't your only options will be the general hunts. There is not confirm that you "Did Not Draw".

Anyone draw one of the real special ones: Early 40 Bull, 45 Buck. If so I think you will have beaten odd's not even seen in Super Hunt drawings.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-11 AT 04:38PM (MST)[p]https://id.outdoorcentral.us/

Just follow the directions and like three screens in, it will show you any tags that you're allowed to buy in the upper section of the page.

My daughter drew a deer tag.

Just got awesome news........my 12 year old son drew 1 of 2 rifle deer tags left in Unit 45!!!!!!!! How's that for a boys first hunt!! Unbelievable...I can't wait to get home and tell him.
And this is no joke, called the F&G office and they confirmed it. It's gona be an awesome time come October.

Hope i didn't draw now....the season is five day's in. Those bucks are hard to pattern. I would feel jipped.

PW

i drew the single left over late buck in 32a. pretty jacked!!! i've been putting in for that tag for years. cannot believe i drew it on the 2nd chance.

front door just opened...i didn't draw any second chance tags but I am still happy with my first chance unit 51 speed goat tag

I drew a 32 bear tag. First time drawing the tag after 4 years of trying and it comes on the 2nd draw.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom