Idaho Traditional Muzzleloader

NoDoe

Does anyone know if there is anything out there other than a sidelock that would be legal to use in Idaho for their Traditional Muzzleloader hunts? Thanks Don

How about using a traditional muzzleloader during the traditional muzzleing season.

Thanks for the website.Thats just what I had in mind.I will give Idaho a call the first chance I get. Thanks Don

For your information OFIvet the Marksbery is a replica of a rifle bult in 1851.Is that traditional enough for you? Don

LAST EDITED ON Apr-11-06 AT 07:32PM (MST)[p]

I bought Markesbery Muzzleloader last year and arrived with a defective laminated stock that was cracked. For a while Markesbery said he'd replace it. Then when the stock never arrived, I called him and he told me "it would take about 30 days".
Well, to make a long story shorter, that was last October and he still hasn't replaced my stock! I have tried many times to get him on the phone but he is too much of a coward to talk to me in person or return my calls. As far as I can see it Russ Markesbery could care less about his reputation, his company name or customer satisfaction. It is my opinion that he will say anything to get your money and once he does he becomes conviently unreachable. Take it from my dealings with this guy?he's a real piece of work, peddling an inferior product at a premium price with a fake warrantee.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-06 AT 08:42AM (MST)[p]>For your information OFIvet the Marksbery
>is a replica of a
>rifle bult in 1851.Is that
>traditional enough for you?
>Don

WOW, somebody's sensative....it was a joke....take a deep breath and relax!
By the way I didn't realize they had Mossey Oak thumb hole stocks, stainless steel barrels, and 209 primers back in 1851.
Just like the good old days, huh?

Whats wrong with a side lock? If you want a real traditional rifle check out this website.
http://www.longrifles-pr.com/
One of these days Ill have one of these rifles. Ive hunted with a new fangled muzzleloader complete with scope ect. and wished I would have gone with a shotgun(I had the choice of using either).

Ismith,
NOW THAT'S A TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADER. Those sure are purty guns. That's going to be my next buy as well.

Ismith,
You might also want to try:
http://www.earlyrusticarms.com/
He has some very nice "original" looking guns.
Alot of his guns are smoothbore but I think you can get them in rifled also. He's also reasonably priced. He made alot of the guns for Disney's movie "Pirates of the Caribiean".
Just thought I'd show you another option.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom