idaho whitetails

sixpointer

I have a 10 year old with his first deer tag this year. It’s in unit 1 and I have never been there before. Just some general help if anyone has some. We are going around thanksgiving time this 2023 season. So far I’ve been looking east of priest lake but I still don’t know where we can access.

Pretty much anywhere you want to go. Snow will be something to keep in mind. All the mountains you see around there are huntable. Use Onx and it will show you all available roads.
You can drive all the roads that are not posted or gated.
If gated check onX and see if private or timber company.
Timber company you can walk behind gates. Buy a wolf tag.
Lots of wolves and they have really play hell on elk moose and deer. Most of the deer will be in the lower country. Depending when you go you can hunt mulies also. Just have to look at hunt dates. Then you need to go high that time of year.

Pretty much anywhere you want to go. Snow will be something to keep in mind. All the mountains you see around there are huntable. Use Onx and it will show you all available roads.
You can drive all the roads that are not posted or gated.
If gated check onX and see if private or timber company.
Timber company you can walk behind gates. Buy a wolf tag.
Lots of wolves and they have really play hell on elk moose and deer. Most of the deer will be in the lower country. Depending when you go you can hunt mulies also. Just have to look at hunt dates. Then you need to go high that time of year.
Any suggestions where to access? A good area? North end of the lake or south?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom