I'm All In; Unit 25/27 Elk

excavator

Well,I researched this unit a fair amount and decided to give it a shot. My dad and I have a point, and we put in for the special draw,so we should get the tag.

If anybody has hunted these units before and does not mind sharing some information, a PM would be great. I am from western Oregon, so I don't have a ton of information on mule deer or rocky mountain elk to share. However, I have hunted out of state a few times.

Thanks in advance if you feel so obliged.

Excavator

Yes, We ended up drawing the tag. Now the journey begins.

I figured drawing this tag made for a good time to invest in some GPS mapping software, especially the products that show private versus public land. Lots of private to manuever around in this unit.

Excavator

I love that country!
Havn't elk hunted it,,,,Yet.
But have hunted antelope in 107. elk 27 is part of it.
Here's a pic of my boys from 27 looking south,
Contenental divide/Oregon bute in the back ground.

2130100_1841a.jpg

The boy in the orange hat has 4 elk points and want to archery
hunt elk there...........I'd LOVE a report on your hunt!

Here's what 27 looks like from out antelope camp.
2793100_1853a.jpg

A pic of Atlantic City,,,right inbetween 25 and 27..
6098100_1828a.jpg

Give you an idea what it looks like...
And check out South Pass City if you get a chance..
SUPER COOL,,Tons of history.....

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Good to see some photos of the area. I applied for antelope tags for me and my twelve year old son in Unit 65, so we plan on doing a little lope hunting when we are over there too.

We have never hunted antelope before, so we are excited about that. It should be a good exeperience for my son. Based on the success rates I see, it looks like I should be able to get him in on one, I hope! He killed his first buck this year. A blacktail from here in western Oregon.

I will let you know how we do.

Excavator

wow.havent been on mm for a while...excavator,i had that tag a while back.the elk were still in the timber country during the opener.Beaver Creek area near Miners Delight.There is private ground to deal with,so becareful.there was a huge herd of elk with some nice bulls(300ish),inthat area,but we werent sure if they were on public ground.
if you go late ,those elk move to antelope country,and then further into unit 100.concentrate on the Sweetwater river gorge.you wont think thers elk inthere but they are.
if you have 65 antelope,hunt that south border along the river.
email me for more info,i may need to exchange for 7n.r.elk pts info in oregon if you can help

by the way goofyelk,nice pic of atlantic city.those 4 cabins to the right are right behind the bar/resturant.a good spot to stay and not too far from hunting. the steaks there are HUGE

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom