I'M CALLIN BS!!!

It's Amazing How Many Great White Hunters Are On Here That'd Shoot a 1 to 2 Year Old Of Any Species!

OPPORTUNISTS At Their Best!

Carry On With Your BS!

It's Amazing How Many Great White Hunters Are On Here That'd Shoot a 1 to 2 Year Old Of Any Species!

OPPORTUNISTS At Their Best!

Carry On With Your BS!
It's amazing that in one breath you want trophy class animals to be available for the upcoming youth to hunt but then, you want them to only hunt each species maybe once or twice in their lifetime. Thank goodness your type of mindset is very much in the minority.

Dear baby Jesus.

Just to get it straight, yet again.

Only the older bucks carry the "good genes".

Sooooo, we should only hunt and kill the older bucks and not be opportunists? That way the "good genes" are all killed off(cream off crop), but by trophy hunters?

The biology classes in the basin must be taught by the wood shop teacher

I haven't shot but 79 of them, probably seen a couple hundred more than that shot by friends.

I tend to agree that the top fraction of bucks wouldn't be 10 percent bigger with another year. But I'm sure lots of those 2-3 old bucks scoring in that upper 70's low 80's could put on 10 percent more growth with another year.

Also agree about conditions having some influence over horn growth.

79 antelope, couple hundred more by "friends"

But you damn opportunists are the issue.

The Youth Is where Some opportunity Should Always Be!

But You Middle Aged Youth OPPOR-F'N-TUNISTS Are The Ones Always BAWLING For More Opportunity!

Keep BAWLING!

If You're Only Hunting Once Or Twice In Your Lifetime That's Your Own Damn Fault!

Carry On!

It's amazing that in one breath you want trophy class animals to be available for the upcoming youth to hunt but then, you want them to only hunt each species maybe once or twice in their lifetime. Thank goodness your type of mindset is very much in the minority.

I'll Admit!

Our Wood Shop Teacher Had Way More Smarts On Game Herds Than Any Of The OPPOR-F'N-TUINISTS BAWLING On Here!

Carry On!

Dear baby Jesus.

Just to get it straight, yet again.

Only the older bucks carry the "good genes".

Sooooo, we should only hunt and kill the older bucks and not be opportunists? That way the "good genes" are all killed off(cream off crop), but by trophy hunters?

The biology classes in the basin must be taught by the wood shop teacher

For GAWDS Sakes Wake Up & See The Light!

You've Been Around Here Long Enough To Know & Have Seen Where I've Posted For Decades Saying:

Backs In The Banner Day Of Mule Deer:

It Wasn't A Big Deal If Some Of The 2 Points Were Doing The Breeding!

They'd Make Modern Day Average 2 Points Look Like JUNK!

But They Were Packing Decent Genetics For The Most Part Back In The Day!

The Same Said 2 Points Back In The Day Had A Chance At Surviving A Few More years & Becoming Something Decent!

In Todays World,The Scrawny Little PISSCUTTER 2 Point That Evolved From Several Generations Of JUNK Genetics AKA His Dad Being JUNK,His Grandfather Being JUNK,His Great Grandfather Being JUNK & So On!

This Goes For All Species,I Used Deer As An Example!

I'll Take You For A Ride This Fall & We'll Look At What's Doing Most Of The Breeding First Hand,It Ain't Too Hard To Figure Out!

No,Not Every Buck Doing The Breeding Needs To Be Mature!

But By GAWD Some Decent Genetics & A Few Left With Some Age To Them Come RUT Time Would Help A Little!

The New DRATville Management/Mentality:

Let's Shoot Them All This Year So Somebody-Else Doesn't Get Them Next Year!

OPPOR-F'N-TUNISTS At Their Best!

Maybe When You Get A Few Grand-Kids That PUMPKIN Atop Your Shoulders Will Start Working!

If You Haven't Seen The Quality Of Mule Deer Go Down Hill You're Younger Than You've Always Boasted Or Perty GAWD-DAMNED Blind!

Bess.

If you'd of knocked up the Mrs at 15, you'd send the exact same genetics as you would doing so at 40.

Sorry to be crass, but for gawds sake man, age has nothing to do with genetics

Hey Hossy!

We Love you Like A Brother!

And You Can Take A RAZZIN & Hand A RAZZIN Back!

So Here's Another Deal But The Same Kinda Deal!

For Many Years Now I've Seen Nubbins Bucks AKA PISSCUTTERS Breeding Their Mothers!

Somebody Will Damn Sure CHIME In And Say:

Well At Least They're Getting Bred!

Some Great Genetics Right There!

Along With Great DRAT Mentality As Well!

So I've Got A Song I'm Gonna Post That'll Help SPLAIN The Great Genetics Of Today!

For GAWDS Sakes Wake Up & See The Light!

You've Been Around Here Long Enough To Know & Have Seen Where I've Posted For Decades Saying:

Backs In The Banner Day Of Mule Deer:

It Wasn't A Big Deal If Some Of The 2 Points Were Doing The Breeding!

They'd Make Modern Day Average 2 Points Look Like JUNK!

But They Were Packing Decent Genetics For The Most Part Back In The Day!

The Same Said 2 Points Back In The Day Had A Chance At Surviving A Few More years & Becoming Something Decent!

In Todays World,The Scrawny Little PISSCUTTER 2 Point That Evolved From Several Generations Of JUNK Genetics AKA His Dad Being JUNK,His Grandfather Being JUNK,His Great Grandfather Being JUNK & So On!
Even if a fork horn mule deer or 2 year old pronghorn can pass their genetics, doesnt mean they will get the chance.

A 2 point blasted prior to the rut, or a 2 year old pronghorn shot prior to the rut has zero chance of passing genetics on.

Also, even if they do breed as a 2 year old before they're shot ,a bad winter can wipe out that entire fawn crop from that buck.

Why it's important for bucks with the best genetics to breed for 2-3-4 years. As they mature they breed more does, higher likelihood of genetics moving forward. Single breeding season followed by a bad winter, the genetic line is over.

You're Talkin Way Above Their Heads With What You're Saying Buzz!

As I've Always Said:

Don't Even Try To Out-Guess Mother Nature!

She'll Kick Your But Every Time!

But Don't Add Un-Needed STUPIDITY To The Equation!

Even if a fork horn mule deer or 2 year old pronghorn can pass their genetics, doesnt mean they will get the chance.

A 2 point blasted prior to the rut, or a 2 year old pronghorn shot prior to the rut has zero chance of passing genetics on.

Also, even if they do breed as a 2 year old before they're shot ,a bad winter can wipe out that entire fawn crop from that buck.

Why it's important for bucks with the best genetics to breed for 2-3-4 years. As they mature they breed more does, higher likelihood of genetics moving forward. Single breeding season followed by a bad winter, the genetic line is over.

Hey Bobcat, you’re welcome to come not-hunt at my place anytime. We’ll sit on the porch and watch the spoon and crockpot gang blast away. We’ll whip out our pile of unnotched tags and see whose is bigger.

With enough dew and diet beer we can get that list to 100 easy. (y)

You're Talkin Way Above Their Heads With What You're Saying Buzz!

As I've Always Said:

Don't Even Try To Out-Guess Mother Nature!

She'll Kick Your But Every Time!

But Don't Add Un-Needed STUPIDITY To The Equation!
You really should look at yourself in the mirror when making statements like this. You're ignoring the fact that most of the pronghorn bucks are hunted during the tail end of the rut and they've already done they're breeding and there's plenty of bucks with the same genetics available to step in and do the breeding if one gets shot.

You Need to Spend A Little More Time In The Field Rather Than Letting The Suposid Pro's Baffle You With Their BS!

Keep Suckin On that Treble Hook!

There's One Part I Won't Argue With You That You Posted:

there's plenty of bucks with the same genetics available to do the breeding

You really should look at yourself in the mirror when making statements like this. You're ignoring the fact that most of the pronghorn bucks are hunted during the tail end of the rut and they've already done they're breeding and there's plenty of bucks with the same genetics available to step in and do the breeding if one gets shot.

Last edited:
Sounds Like A Plan Blue!

We'll Sit Back And Watch The Opportunists BAWL!

Hey Bobcat, you’re welcome to come not-hunt at my place anytime. We’ll sit on the porch and watch the spoon and crockpot gang blast away. We’ll whip out our pile of unnotched tags and see whose is bigger.

With enough dew and diet beer we can get that list to 100 easy. (y)

You Need to Spend A Little More Time In The Field Rather Than Letting The Suposid Pro's Baffle You With Their BS!

Keep Suckin On that Treble Hook!

There's One Part I Won't Argue With You That You Posted:

there's plenty of bucks with the same genetics available to do the breeding

I would LOOOVE to see a comparison of the bucks ridge has killed compared to what you have killed. Seems like if you’re going to call him out for not spending time in the field, you would be man enough to step up and show us.

Got the balls to do it?

(I already know the answer…)

I would LOOOVE to see a comparison of the bucks ridge has killed compared to what you have killed. Seems like if you’re going to call him out for not spending time in the field, you would be man enough to step up and show us.

Got the balls to do it?

In all fairness, I've never killed a pronghorn myself but I've helped plenty of others on their hunts and they've always been happy with what they've brought home. Not everyone is obsessed with record book animals. Only a very few vocally obsessed are concerned about not enough record book pronghorn to hunt. Even if it takes 20+ years to draw to make that happen.

I had a tooth pulled and an implant anchor put in today that is hurting me less than reading about how all there is are junk genes, BECAUSE The TROPHY HUNTERS shot the good genes out, but apparently the damn oppurtunists, IN A LIMITED ENTRY HUNT, are to blame.

If we just don't shoot the junk genes antelope, magically those junk genes will transform.

So. To summarize part 8.

If a young buck breeds, his whole effort could be wiped out in a winter. But that's not true, of an older buck because apparently his offspring are winter proof?

Further. Besides the fact that a guy whos killed more than a pronghorn a year on average talking about shooting too many, how the hell do you two keep missing the obvious?

The OBVIOUS. There are fewer huge deer/elk/antelope than there are non huge.

The system that Utah has embraced, is to relentlessly target that very small minority, helping to end, or greatly reduce that genetic line.

THIS IS A TROPHY HUNTING ISSUE.

We see it on the Henries, we will see it soon in Oak Creeks, we've seen it in several elk units. The cream gets taken off the top, and the unit "quality" goes down.

It's a simple math problem.

I had a tooth pulled and an implant anchor put in today that is hurting me less than reading about how all there is are junk genes, BECAUSE The TROPHY HUNTERS shot the good genes out, but apparently the damn oppurtunists, IN A LIMITED ENTRY HUNT, are to blame.

If we just don't shoot the junk genes antelope, magically those junk genes will transform.

So. To summarize part 8.

If a young buck breeds, his whole effort could be wiped out in a winter. But that's not true, of an older buck because apparently his offspring are winter proof?

Further. Besides the fact that a guy whos killed more than a pronghorn a year on average talking about shooting too many, how the hell do you two keep missing the obvious?

The OBVIOUS. There are fewer huge deer/elk/antelope than there are non huge.

The system that Utah has embraced, is to relentlessly target that very small minority, helping to end, or greatly reduce that genetic line.

THIS IS A TROPHY HUNTING ISSUE.

We see it on the Henries, we will see it soon in Oak Creeks, we've seen it in several elk units. The cream gets taken off the top, and the unit "quality" goes down.

It's a simple math problem.
I had an implant a couple of years ago. Painful and expensive.

Also sad because I always thought my wife would be the first. Double loser.

Get Your F'N Money Out On This Pronghorn Bet!

I'm Sure He's Got Some Nice Pronghorn Bucks!

No Offense To ridge At All!

You Run Your Big F'N Mouth Like That You Deserve To Lose Some Money!

And I'm Talkin Some F'N Money SMART GUY!

You started It & You'll Lose Your Ass Once Again!

Got the balls to do it?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom