I'm in!

DanBucks

I got my apps in for elk, deer and oryx! AND, I did it 15 minutes before the deadline, with NO ISSUES.
Two big changes this year that I didn't realize is they don't have a separate lottery for the Valle Vidal elk hunts, and they now require you to have a NM outfitter to apply/hunt on Whitesand Missle Range for oryx. So no extra chance at elk and I only applied for off-range oryx hunts.
Good luck in the draws!
DB

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-16 AT 05:15PM (MST)[p]Where are you getting that information from regarding the need to use an outfitter for Oryx hunts? I think that is incorrect. Also, do you mean Valles Caldera?

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-16
>AT 05:15?PM (MST)

>
>Where are you getting that information
>from regarding the need to
>use an outfitter for Oryx
>hunts? I think that
>is incorrect. Also, do
>you mean Valles Caldera?

It vaguely mentioned guides required in the regs, but definitely said could not apply for this (oryx) species without having an approved NM outfitter on the on-line page where you made hunt selections. I had to change my choices to all off-range hunts.

Sorry, yes, meant Valle Caldera. No more lottery, only apply through game and fish like any other hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-16 AT 07:11PM (MST)[p]Is this the reg language that you are referring to?

Hunting Guides: White Sands Missile Range (WSMR) only allows use of out tters and guides for Oryx Once-in-a-Lifetime, Youth-Only and Mobility-Impaired Hunts. Only those out tters
and guides registered with WSMR in advance of the hunt will be allowed to operate on the range Out tters and guides are not authorized for Population-Management Hunts. It is the hunter?s responsibility to verify that an out tter or guide is in compliance with WMSR policies. For further information about registration requirements contact White Sands Missile Range at:
(575) 678-7909 or (575) 678-7095

>AT 07:11?PM (MST)

>
>Is this the reg language that
>you are referring to?
>
>Hunting Guides: White Sands Missile Range
>(WSMR) only allows use of
>out tters and guides for
>Oryx Once-in-a-Lifetime, Youth-Only and Mobility-Impaired
>Hunts. Only those out tters
>
>and guides registered with WSMR in
>advance of the hunt will
>be allowed to operate on
>the range Out tters and
>guides are not authorized for
>Population-Management Hunts. It is the
>hunter?s responsibility to verify that
>an out tter or guide
>is in compliance with WMSR
>policies. For further information about
>registration requirements contact White Sands
>Missile Range at:
>(575) 678-7909 or (575) 678-7095

Yes. But it was less vague where you entered your hunt selections, said cannot apply without outfitter (words to that effect).

I'll be calling them tomorrow for clarification.

>That's what happens when you apply
>at 4:45 on deadline day!
>
Touche' I have never waited until the last minute. ?

I got in around lunch. Was only going to apply for antelope but figured why not loan them $770 and applied for some of the supposedly top elk units too.

I guess if I draw it will be a good problem to have on how to hunt each one.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-16 AT 07:52PM (MST)[p]The way I read it is that outfitters/guide may only be used for OIL, youth,or mobility impaired. Everyone I know applied on range without an outfitter.

--Bill

>AT 07:52?PM (MST)

>
>The way I read it is
>that outfitters/guide may only be
>used for OIL, youth,or mobility
>impaired. Everyone I know
>applied on range without an
>outfitter.
>
>--Bill

That's only way it can be read.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom