I'm stumped..........

Wanted

I normally know what I am going to apply for, but I'm drawing blanks. I REALLY like hunting Blacktail here in NW Oregon and hunt some timber company land where it is hike in only. I have hunted the Steens a couple of times and feel I know it good enough to finally put the pieces together if I was to draw it again. I have ZERO points. Any suggestions? I know I'll be playing "luck of the draw" for anything worth applying for. Oh, and I am an Oregon resident. Elk? Antelope?

Lets see zero points for Elk Deer and Antelope. Well first off lets go antelope. I would apply for the Whitehorse Number 2 tag it gives you some of the best odds as per the 25% rule and as a single applicant you stand a chance at getting lucky. Deer since you like to hunt blacktails I would go with any of the SE hunts steens included. For elk heck with no points got for the gold but have a chance. I would say either Mt. Emily or the Shed. At least their with the 25 percent rule you have a chance at 13 tags with Mt. Emily and 7 tags for the Shed. If kiger gorge does not intimidate you look at the steens hunt for any elk.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom