Imagine that!!

That’s why I don’t feel very confident in the 5 point margin i have in the unit I applied for. It will be interesting.

So that would be 35000 new applicants with 0 points because even applying for points last year would count as applying i would imagine

There was also a huge increase of applicants in 2020. So now the low point categories are going to be flooded so I don’t think there will be any more hunting Colorado every year or two for deer.
Look at Utah where the general seasons are now taking several points to draw even the less desirable hunts.

welcome to the age of YouTube, go hunt, Epic, and top rut. Information is just too easy to get now. There isn't a hunter left in the country that doesn't know how to apply to every state and what units in those states to target. Not sure if it's an good thing or a bad thing... certainly not great for draw odds haha. But, what use to take weeks of research, takes 3 minutes on Go hunt. Eventually we'll just get to the point where the same million guys put in in every state hoping to get the 300 NR tags the residents begrudgingly left in allocation from us hahaha

Did see this on another site. I put an app in for 7 of those 8.

171770309_10218985067044698_6800995129556107149_n.jpg

As a non res they've already paid the $100 to apply, every app after that is $9 to build points or pull a tag. Big 3 pp's are $100 for em but if they've already accumulated 3 points they're in.

This is the 3rd year after they stopped making you front the money for tags so everybody that started applying for moose sheep goat at that turn is now in the draw.

Did they not say they had a 40K increase in 2020, thought I heard that last year....so that would be 75000 more apps than in 2019?

Something is fishy here....just sayin...no way in hell 75000 people decided to start "hunting" Colorado in two years

I don’t think they mean new hunters but total new applications.
One new hunter could apply for five or six different hunts or species preference points and each of those would be counted as an application.
I had some extra time so I did a little statistic work using the CPW stats.

This is just for deer and elk.

In 2020 there were 226,725
0 point applications

In 2019 there were 212,200
0 point applications

That’s an increase of 14,525

If you figure in all the other species I’m sure the increased applications could be what they say they are.

Did they not say they had a 40K increase in 2020, thought I heard that last year....so that would be 75000 more apps than in 2019?

Something is fishy here....just sayin...no way in hell 75000 people decided to start "hunting" Colorado in two years

There’s 75000 people that moved to Northern CO in the past two years probably more.
Totally possible.

welcome to the age of YouTube, go hunt, Epic, and top rut. Information is just too easy to get now. There isn't a hunter left in the country that doesn't know how to apply to every state and what units in those states to target. Not sure if it's an good thing or a bad thing... certainly not great for draw odds haha. But, what use to take weeks of research, takes 3 minutes on Go hunt. Eventually we'll just get to the point where the same million guys put in in every state hoping to get the 300 NR tags the residents begrudgingly left in allocation from us hahaha
I agree with you!! Same reason I gave up fishing. The internet has ruined many things. People refuse to research crap on their own.

I agree with you!! Same reason I gave up fishing. The internet has ruined many things. People refuse to research crap on their own.
Ummmm those are all forms of research. If you let that stuff make you quit something like fishing you might as well quit all your hobbies

Ummmm those are all forms of research. If you let that stuff make you quit something like fishing you might as well quit all your hobbies
Your wrong!! I don't come on this site to research hunting spots just like I don't go on fishing sites to ask where to catch fish. I use maps, call biologists etc. If that's your way of researching more power to you, just not my style.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom