imwithfred.com

202typical

Long Time Member
I tell ya what. I watched Fred interviewed last night on Hannity and Colmes. The man is looking like a candidate I can endorse. Lot of common scence talk from him. I especialy liked what he had to say about doing away with our current tax system and the war on terror and Iran.
Did any of you guys see this?

I liked when asked about Iraq he said "What we really need to be conserned about is what is going to happen on day 1 after Iraq"

I didn't see that interview but it's hard to know what to think of him when he won't ever answer a question . most of the staged interviews I've seen he doesn't do anything but ramble. just ask him what he thinks of the immigration plan and you get something like " well even a an old cat likes a banana now and then " that crap is funny for a while but sooner or later you have to take a stand if you're running for president. some are saying maybe people just like what they don't know about or can't have, let them have it and they may not want it. less than a year from the primary and he won't even take a stand on if he's going to run . he may do great or the other republican candidates may slam him if and when he starts talking, we'll see.

Dude,

You should have watched the interview. He had very explicit answers on that question and many others. He was not spinning anything. If asked a direct question he would answer directly. Hannity asked him "If Iran obtains a nuclear weapon would you make a preemptive strike?" He did not try to wiggle and just stated "Yes".

I also like his statement about career presidential hopefuls. (Quote) ""It's ultimately up to the American people what they think about me," Thompson said. "I've never desired to hold the office, particularly. In fact, not at all. But, at this stage of things, I sometimes think that I do desire the opportunity to do some things that only a president can do."

He said his ambivalence until now about the presidency ultimately might make him a better leader and, thus, a better fit for the White House than others.

"If a person craves power for the sake of power, if he craves the office for the sake of holding the office, he's got his priorities mixed up," Thompson said. "It's a desire to do something not to be something."

Here is another twist:
Republicans have gained a bit of ground in the Generic Congressional Ballot over the past month. But, the number of Republicans in the United States has declined to a new low. The number of Democrats is lower as well. There are now more unaffiliated voters than Republicans sparking talk of a possible third party run by Michael Bloomberg. Bloomberg is reportedly willing to spend a billion dollars on his campaign and could create Electoral Chaos by deadlocking both the Electoral College and the House of Representatives. Twenty-seven percent (27%) of voters say they would be somewhat or very likely to vote for Bloomberg in 2008. (rasmussen)

Bloomberg is our worst nightmare.

The country needs someone in the middle that is worried about the country, not political power.....

Bloomberg needs to be stabbed with a switchblade.

Lord know's we can't afford for anyone to shoot him,
lest the Sara Brady's come run screaming.

I'm only half-kidding.

fyi
lrv

The only preempive strike we have the ability to make would be nuclear, that means he wants to shake it up with Russia and China, lets hope he's just making a bluff . if he means a conventional attack then he's not crazy he's stupid because we have nothing to throw at them. I didn't see the interview so I hope it was more than a simple " yes " or he's a nut job. I'm sure we'll see more to come and hopefully he'll sound ok once he lays out his agenda and direction .

The last I heard Bloomberg said he wasn't still considering a run, he may as well save his money he doesn't have a chance.

I've watched all the debates, Democrats and Republicans.

The candidates that seem to be the most impressive are Guilliani, Romney, Huckabie and Obama.
There are questions I have to get answered by all four. But they seem to me to all be focusing on articulating thier opinions and what they will do rather than just hashing over old mistakes made in the past. Whomever we elect must have a plan for the problems we face in the future. Too many of the candidates are hung up in trying to impress ups with the mistakes of previous Presidents, not laying out a concise plan for our future.

Now Fred Thompson hasn't participated in any debates, but from what I have observed and been able to learn, he would be an excellent candidate. I really prefer a strong conservative. When I look at where the Democrats have taken our country and policies they support for the future, I will have a very hard time voting for a Liberal again. Protecting our country from invasion by terrorists has to be a major concern. Closing our borders must be a first step for our safety and economy.

TM

We have plenty to throw at them that wont make them glow huntindude. Of course, the distuction of their facilitys might release some radioactive material.
ismith

45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

Sure we could bomb them but unless you know where the nukes are early on all that's going to do is justify their useing them. don't forget also Blair is gone so we wouldn't even have the British in on this one, when you're outside world approval and world away from home things get tougher. we're in a tight spot taking on the worlds largest oil exporter, with China and Russia behind them Iran would make Iraq look like a beach party. talk of a preemtive strike without UN approval by any candidate is just for show and BS.

I don't think Thompson is an idiot, I'm sure this will come up again and he'll clarify it.

How ever it is done Iran can not be allowed to get nukes. Any country that openly states that they want the inialation of another country and race of people can not be allowed the nukes. No way. All the Presidential candidates need to be asked their stance on Iran and what they will do.

he's a hollywood start, I was under the impression that the right dispised hollywood, at least that's the preception we get from the media. anyhow, it's just another example of the hypacracy in politics these days - both sides.

I'd say the right should throw ALL their money at him that way the clintons are sure to win the whitehouse. . . He's got a chance to become, "the man" for the republican party, but he cant beat the dems this time around . . .

Of all the Dems running right now and all the Reps running right now I don't think any of them stand a chance of getting elected if...........I said IF........Algore decides to run and Fred decides to run. Remember Algore is the Messiah of the left and the Dem party. Fred is saying all the right things that conservatives want to hear. I profess that the election will be between Algore and Fred.
Algore, Obama vs. Fred, McCain

T, your bashing the right over Hollywood does not work. The best President of modern times was a B grade movie actor, Ron Reagan, now we have o'l Fred another B grade movie actor talking comon scence. So niether one of these guys is a Hollywood type in the star catagory like Ben Affleck, Clooney, Pitt, Fonda.......you get the picture right.

Based on Al Gore's far out activities and strange behaviour since the last time he ran, do you really think he would get enough votes to win? You got to be kidding!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom