In need of a Hunting Buddy

Q

quietelkstalker

I am resident of Albuquerque NM and i just drew a second hunt archery tag for unit 16b.Iam in need of a hunting buddy that would be willing to go on tne hunt.I plan on leaving on the 9th or 10th of Sept,the hunt starts on the 11th and its a 8 day hunt.I want to do a DIY backpack hunt so we probably will be walking alot.I plan on doing at least 3 scouting trips.I have a 2 man tent, a small one burner stove,GPS, and a water purifying system.So the things you might need are your backpack,sleepingbag,water bladder,a few elk calls, and your food for that time we are there.I am 27 years old and have been on 4 archery hunts for elk but yet to stick one.Maybe this will be the year!!!I might be young but I am full of determination.If there is anyone out there that maybe didnt draw or just wants to tag along and help call in some bulls please let me know.Its hard to find anyone that has as much love for this sport as i do.

Your best bet may be to simply drag a buddy along with you that has some backpacking axperience. You certainly don't want to go it alone, as packing out an elk from a wilderness by yourself is a serious chore.

I'd say you could join us, but we drew the 3rd hunt.

Hey man good luck, but we drew the third hunt as well. We may be planning a scouting trip or two as well. Definitely take someone with you. This is your year and you will need the help getting your bull out.

You are smart getting help. People back pack in for elk and cannot get them out. That would be a bad way to ruin your first trophy.

Good luck.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom