In what state did you take your biggest buck?

In what state did you take your biggest buck?

• Total voters

Founder

Founder Since 1999
In what state did you take your biggest buck? Did you get him with your archery hunting gear? Muzzleloader? Or rifle?

As always, share a picture or two. Those are always fun to see.

Colorado for me, but have 2 Utah bucks that are only a few inches smaller score wise. and a New Mexico buck that is only a few inchs under those.

Pics, people, pics!

Colorado

20170407_083329.jpg

Sonora ?, though not the 190+ I was there for. Hoping creep doesn't get me this year and I'm able to go on the Colorado hunt I've been doing prep and research on for the last 12 months.

Probably close to a tie between Wyoming and Utah in the 160's. The photos have long since disappeared.

The biggest buck I’ve ever shot it in my life was on Arizona strip back in 1988. I was tracking him and jumped him behind a burnt Cedar tree. Got three shots of him at less than 50 yards and all I hit was tree limbs. He ran over the hill and my cousin emptied his gun at him at about 150 yards neither one of us touched him. We tracked him for a couple miles down down a sandy wash until it got dark and never found a speck of blood. It’s like we were shooting blanks!
He was a wide tall and heavy typical 4 x 4. Giant buck!

mine's a .300 savage...it was my Dad's gun...it was made 1938 and he bought it used in 1953 after he got out of the service..
Good on you for using a classic cartridge and rifle as well as your Dad's memories in taking a huge buck.
When I was in high school in 71 I almost bought a 99 in 300 savage but my P. E. teacher ( who was a gun dealer part time ) talked me into a browning auto in 7mm mag. I've got a rem. classic in 300 sav. now that I use out west for deer and elk but wish I'd bought that 99 back when I was 17.

New to this site. Killed this past January in AZ. 112.7” coues deer
I'm always impressed by coues hunters. I've lived in AZ since college, over 35 years now, went once and said "not for me". Mule deer and elk- no sweat, like breathing. Coues deer take a special patience, and even more determination. And then to top it off with a bow... Congrats!

I'm always impressed by coues hunters. I've lived in AZ since college, over 35 years now, went once and said "not for me". Mule deer and elk- no sweat, like breathing. Coues deer take a special patience, and even more determination. And then to top it off with a bow... Congrats!
They’re fun to hunt for sure! Thank you

Hehe!!...now if I can find a cape for it,as the freezer that the original cape was in , decided to quit working

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom