Internal pack cleaning?

If its really bad with lots of dried blood & mud & misc I take the bag off the frame IF its only a few places that are bad leave it on & spot clean it . I mix some scent killer laundry detergent with some Super Purple or similar product in a spray bottle or bucket, wash & scrub the bad spots really good rinse with a high pressure hose or pressure washer . Hang up somewhere where you can put a high output fan on it .After its dry I always spray the bag down with a scent killer spray & hit it again with the fan !! Finish the bag off with a couple of hand fulls of fresh sage brush Juniper or pine needles let it set for a few days !!!!

The waterproof Expac fabric on Seek Outside packs washes out very easily with soap and water.

Hasbean

I usually don't end up with much blood except on the very bottom of my bag. If there are just a few blood spots I may use a damp cloth and wipe the worse spots down. If it gets bad enough I sometimes just soak the bag in dawn dish soap/water and then let air dry. I often pack out capes and leave "as is"....which can actually be pretty good because the smell masks human odor.

Remove the bag from the frame. Soak it in the bathtub with some scent free laundry soap for an hour or so. Rinse it off and hang it up to dry. For bad spots a little oxy clean and scrub brush before the soak.

I fill the bathtub with warm water put some sport wash detergent in there and put the whole pack in. Soak for a little while then agitate. I'm always surprised at the amount of dirt / blood and other stuff that comes out.

beaner knows....ONLY cold water for blood...

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom