Is 13B a rut hunt?

BRUIN4L

Well I didn't draw it but my friend did! I get to go on the hunt without the pressure of filling the tag (of course this is how I hide my jealousy). We are doing as much info gathering as we can before the scouting trips and I'm not sure what the timing of the rut is on the strip. We have hunted the rut many times in Montana and the rut seems to get going around mid November. Is this about the same in 13B? If you have drawn this hunt before did you see much rutting activity during the hunt?

Thanks, Mitch

LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-11 AT 02:37PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-11 AT 02:32?PM (MST)

That's the same question I asked the Game Warden (Luke Thompson) last year when I hunted that same unit. His response to the question was, The longer the hunt goes on the hotter the rut will get. He was 100% right! I'm not a road hunter so I did get to see alot of deer and witness the bucks chase the does around. For the first few days of the hunt I did see some bucks separating from the does. It was by far the best hunting experience I've ever had! Good Luck on the hunt and enjoy hunting in that unit!

WOULD STILL LIKE TO HEAR PEOPLES EXPERIENCE WITH THIS HUNT IN TERMS OF RUTTING ACTIVITY. ANYONE....?

I have the tag this year and from what I am hearing on a normal year the bucks will be around the does and following them. Of course the later into the hunt the more rut activity. I think this hunt starts at the very begining. I know in a normal year the 12b late hunt, (towards the end of that hunt) they are in full rut. That is the end of november.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom