is strawberry valley in danger

After one more year of Poundin 4,000 Cow Elk off the Unit you might as well build a subdivision on it!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-12 AT 10:18PM (MST)[p]Brian, this is a sore subject for many so i will bite my tongue as to how i really feel and just answer the question posed: Is the strawberry valley in danger?

No.

The land in question is private land and has been for many many years, there are many opinions on that, neither right nor wrong. I will say this about the whole deal, SLTrib has misrepresented it a bit, the total development will only wind up being around 10% of the property, it is spaced out over several phases over a decade and a half ATM. It will not negatively effect the hunting, as the operators of the double R CWMU we are very sure of that. Much of the development of the property is centered on information and family activies including, equstrian center, discovery center for kids, zip lines, fishing and family reunion pavillion type deals.

Whether you are for or against development, please voice your opinion in the proper venues, with factual evidence, rather than making baseless accusations founded on assumptions and premeditated posititions. Much of that is going around right now, causing alot of problems. What a person does with his own property when he has gone through all of the legal process necessary is his own business not anyone elses. It is during the legal process that those who would like to be heard need to raise their voices.

I'VE BEEN ASKED TO LEAVE IT AT THAT BY THOSE INVOLVED AND I WILL. IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT IT, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STOP BY THE MARINA AND ASK. WE WILL ANSWER AS TRUTHFULLY AS POSSIBLE DEPENDING ON OUR KNOWLEDGE.

littlebeaver.jpg

I agree with Riflescope. Looking at the numbers proposed in the article, I dont see how this development would have a small impact.

Strawberry and everything else is in danger. Winter ranges are all but built over. Just a matter of time. It happened to my favorite fishing spots my ancestors had held since the pioneer days and now it's all built over and privatized.

TRH

Berry is 100% correct when he says that the private land owners should be able to develop their land. I agree completely with that thought. He is 100% wrong when he says that the strawberry vally is not in danger. So much of the prime habitat in Utah and every other western state is in danger of development. It is inevitable that development will take over. Too many people and too little prime land. Utah seems more prone than other states to take every valley and turn it into a development. Every one starts with saying it will only be a small impact. Then watch it grow. It takes time but it is a guarentee. Look at the Kimball Junction area. I have watched this grow since I first moved to Utah in 1981.

I do not fault anyone that developed their land. Nor do I think we should stop all development. Eveything we do has an impact, some bigger than others. And all development starts with just one house, cabin or equestrian center. Just don't kid yourself into beleieving that this will not have an impact and start something bigger. Maybe Utah needs another set of cabins, a road through the forest or an equestrian center.

I heard something a few years ago and it might give a little comic relief on this complex subject:

" A developer is someone who wants a cabin in the woods. An environmentalist already has a cabin in the woods"

Zeke

Private land no trespassing! I see these signs everywhere it is becoming a joke. Every time you turn the corner someone has posted one of these signs in your favorite hunting spots.

"Private land no trespassing! I see these signs everywhere it is becoming a joke. Every time you turn the corner someone has posted one of these signs in your favorite hunting spots."

Just in case some here missed it! I find this above statement hilarious! LMAO!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Don't kid yourself, this development will only open other doors, mark my words. That's just how big developers are because it's all about the big money......they will come now that the door has been opened.

>Don't kid yourself, this development will
>only open other doors, mark
>my words. That's just how
>big developers are because it's
>all about the big money......they
>will come now that the
>door has been opened.

yep just read up on it some more. commercialization is all it is. all they want is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. god i hate to see what this state is going to be in another 30 years

I can't wait till Beav reads the Reply up above a ways that says He's wrong!

Last time somebody told him He was wrong it was a Religion Related Subject & He was in a bad mood for a while!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

"Private land no trespassing! I see
these signs everywhere it is
becoming a joke. Every time
you turn the corner someone
has posted one of these
signs in your favorite hunting
spots."

I can promise you one thing, if this was your property the signs would still be hanging around every corner!!! Don't kid yourself. Private property is just that. If you don't like it, buy it yourself and donate it back to the government so all can enjoy. Is it any different than the government designating a place "wilderness" and then not allowing hunting or mountain biking, or the removal of anything from the ground? Nope. I'm not saying that I support the development, I do however, support private land ownership. I wish I had the cash to buy it. I would do it in a heartbeat and I would put up your favorite signs so somebody didn't think they could just come by and trash the place or shoot and take anything they pleased.

It's always an adventure!!!

>I can't wait till Beav reads
>the Reply up above a
>ways that says He's wrong!
>
>
>Last time somebody told him He
>was wrong it was a
>Religion Related Subject & He
>was in a bad mood
>for a while!:D

Hopefully it will be entertaining. I'm in the mood for a good arguement.

>Don't kid yourself. Private
>property is just that.
>If you don't like it,
>buy it yourself and donate
>it back to the government
>so all can enjoy.
>Is it any different than
>the government designating a place
>"wilderness" and then not allowing
>hunting or mountain biking, or
>the removal of anything from
>the ground? Nope.

+1

If you want to protect it then pony up and buy it. Maybe SFW should buy it and make it a conservation easement. The land owner can, and should be able to, do what they want with THEIR land.

It is not about ponying up and buying it, what I see it turning into is, that if you want to hunt in the future (especially my kids) you better have your own land to do it on.

If this economy doesn't improve it will never happen. I am all for property rights, within reason of was is safe for the public and the neighbors. Those who want to preserver it need to pony up and buy it.

I guess if we develope everywhere It will be like the city where ever we go. I think we could develope a freeway and 20 Mavricks and a couple hiltons and be bigger and better then Park City. We could run some gas lines and power lines and we could build a convention center at Strawberry, How about building Pizza Hut, and a Sewer Treatment. This sucks.

Rutnbuck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom