Is there an answer?

Simpleton

First off, I had an account many years ago when MM was fairly young. Well before there were state specific forums. I don't even remember what my login was, but I've been thinking about this recently and I do think that MM can still be a forum of thought.

I have always followed along, so I know that the complaining on here isn't new, but it sure seems more prevalent lately. I have a sincere question. What is the biggest issue facing the Utah DWR?

There are plenty, and I honestly don't envy the position they're in, and many of the issues are intertwined. Some of the top issues that come to my mind are in no specific order: population (game and human), point creep, balance of opportunity vs trophy hunters, habitat, hunter behavior, technology, LE and Workforce shortage (getting good people to work is tough these days), and even though some don't want to acknowledge it - working within their budget to remain operational.

What is the biggest issue, and is there truly a solution that the majority of hunters would be on board with? If so, what is it? Or are we just to the point where no matter what they do, there will be a majority that's upset about it?

One major issue is Ignorance of individuals who complain without any sound reasoning. They lack the understanding of problems we are faced with and no matter how hard the biologists with the dwr, and many others with real knowledge, try to explain and address the situation, they just refuse to acknowledged these men and women know what they are talking about. Not to mention how the wildlife board, legislation, cattle and sheep men, special interest groups, etc, etc handcuff the division. A little research prior to posting about how the dwr is supposedly screwing us would go a long way.

Monstermuleys is for lazy people that just want to complain and do nothing. Sometimes they even make stupid polls which makes them feel better but in the end this forum is no different then a tv show.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom