Is this normal???

fisrtcoueswas80inches

Very Active Member
I think i posted this last year around the same time, but is it normal for me to ONLY think about hunting? i mean thats all i think about, when im in bed thats all i think about, besides women, thats all i dream about. My mom is mad at me becuase when ever i call home, all i talk about is the upcoming season with my dad! the only thing that i ever see, or think about are two 100+'s 300 yards bedded not knowing that there is a 7mmum and a 30-06 pointed at thier chests! i can not wait to go on this hunt, there are 34 days, 816 hours, 48,960 hours, 2,937,600 seconds!!!! let the count down begine, believe me i will be watching the calender, i get to spend the whole hunt down there!!! 9 days of nothing but hunting with my old man! what could be better?
casey

Casey;

Yes! it is normal, it is the first sign of "Acute Buck Fever" otherwise known as ABF. This malady has caused more divorces and breakups then you will ever know. At this time of year, it's potence is very prevalent in the male species of homo sapiens.

I want you to take two aspirins at bedtime and call me if the symptoms persist. I will send you my bill for rendering diagnostic evaluation on your malady and it's cure.

As for your Mother, she will never understand the symptons, women have a tendecy to write it off as "a man thing", except for Predator, I thing she has a full understanding of the malady and knows how to cure it. She just goes out and shoots the bigest damn buck she can find and tells everyone to to eat their heart out.

RELH

WELL

THE ONLY THING THAT MIGHT BE BETTER IS HUNTING WHERE AND WHAT MIGHT SCORE 200"!!!

JUST MY OPPINION THOUGH!!!

GOOD LUCK AND DON'T LET THEM COUES GIVE YOU BUCK FEVER!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING IF A COUES WOULD OOZE WITH A 600 GRAIN SLUG THROUGH THE BROADSIDE???

Poor young man...you are doomed to many listless nights and mind-wandering days. The smell of fall will make you goofy, and the slightest hint of winter may just send you into psychosis. The only way to survive is to feed your need-make sure every single one of those days, hours, minutes, seconds and nano-seconds are filled with the sights, sounds, smells and feelings of the pursuit.

I have mentioned it before, I do so again-I am terminal with ABF. It gets worse every year, it's an obsession, a passion, a life-giving, life-taking, soul-bending gut-wrenching muscle-tearing joint-aching thrill.

I love every damn minute of it.

Oh, and since my cow tag is now valid, I have exactly 99 days, 11 hours and 51 minutes left.

That does not include the flying things...that would extend it nearly until turkey season.

Hello, my name is Predator, and I'm a huntaholic.....

Predator;

We have gotten to the point of loving your prose concerning the annals of hunting on this forum. But does your chief enjoy it also, or would he prefer that you concern yourself with writing your reports while sitting in that lonely black and white.
My Sheriff, prior to retiring, gave up on me and always gave me a birthday card with hunting or fishing scenes on it.
I will be driving though your fair city on the 4th. of Nov. enroute to S. Dakota for a hunt, but I am not going to tell you what I will be driving, for fear that you may be behind on your traffic ticket quotas for the week.
Good luck on your future hunt and keep your eyes peeled for those varmints, two legged and 4 legged.

RELH

You think you have problems with your mom? Hey partner, wait until you drive your wife just short of ape crap with all the hunting stuff. My wife still wonder's how I can turn any converstion around and wind up talking about hunting. It only get's worse with age, but what could be better?

Coot

Cooters right. My wife is making those faces at all my hunting stuff, piled up in the corner of the bedroom while I go through it and decide for the 27th time what to take on my upcoming trip. After I get back she has to endure two more months of chasing whitetails around home, then ducks and geese, then turkeys, then............

Phantom Hunter

RELH- I'm in patrol, what in the world would make you think I even have time to THINK about a traffic stop? Hell, I'm not even sure those red and blue blinkie things even work!

As for my chief, nope, he doesn't get it, but he's from LA, so I'm not sure he's done much 4-legged hunting. Now my sergeant, lieutenant and captain, yep they understand that Pred ain't here much beginning in August. In fact, I'm so bad that even the Prosecutor knows better than to send me any subpoena's until after about mid-November.

But I do have a good-guy letter in my file that acknowledges my ability to stalk and capture prey, both 2 and 4 legged!

And You, young man, good luck finding a girl that will tolerate your obsession. Just remember that if you can tolerate hers for half of the year (and actively participate), she'll probably be more willing to let you crawl around the yard in camouflage to practice!

When you do look to getting married, can I suggest you find someone who loves hunting as much as you do? It's great seeing families out hunting together and enjoying the great outdoors.

less than a month!!! as for finding a woman who is easy on the eyes amd loves hunting as much is me, i dont know if there is one alive, ever heard the saying "no ones perfect"? hell if there is, point me in her direction, how does this soud for a pick up line " do you believe the perfect hunting rifle"?or
" what is your perfect caliber"
casey

this weekend i dont know if i calmed the nerves, or poured gasoline on the fire! i left the house in tucson at 415 am on saturday morning all by my lonesome and went to the place where i shot my deer last year. it is usually pretty decent, we refer to it as our "ace in the whole" because not many people hunt there(if anyone) and we can usually go there and find some bucks. i put my dad on a 80-90" fork few years back.anyways, i got there at 529am, about 30-40 minutes before there was good light. once there was good light, i took my alpens, tripod, and springfield arms xd-40 with me up up to the side of this ridge where theres a spefic barrel cactus we always sit next to and glass. right off the bat i glassed up a doe and a fawn. when i first saw those deer, my heart started to race and i got all excited, after that i saw 3 more does (i think they were a looooong ways off) on the move for some reason. i then only say one more deer and he was a buck.in from about 620 till 920, i didnt at all accept to get up and walk around and only saw 6 deer, it was still fun and i am glad that i did it. now, the only thing is i dont know if it helped calm the nerves, or help get me even more excited!!! i did buy a lion tag the night before just in case and i did have my 30-06 with me but it didnt come out of the case. i also met the rancher whos land we surpass on the dirt road, real nice man said the ranch had been in the family since 1930!
casey

Casey;

No! you did not calm the nerves, all you did was scratch the surface itch of your malady. It will come back again unless you take two asprins before bedtime.
Oh Yea! please submit my payment for the medical advice, if you are short of cash, give me a college student who isn't, you can send that new pistol you bought and I will call it even.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom