It Gets Better!

C

CHWine

The deer were up today. After we cleaned up my brothers great buck, my friend Steve shoots this great high horned dandy, at 3:00!

3055shep3by.jpg

Here's the two of todays bucks together. Most agree that they would shoot the one on the left, but both are dandys.

52912bucks.jpg

That a good day 2 for 2 and both nice bucks.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

It's kind of weird, but a lot of bigger bucks are taken in the early afternoon during the heat of the day. I see it all the time. I guess things quiet down and they feel more secure.

Great bucks. Thanks!

Eel

Good God, you guys are killing me! :)

Congrats on another nice one.

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

Hdude, Lil' Jimmy wants his share!

Here's how fat the 2nd buck was (high 3 pt). He had an inch of brisket fat and his hind quarters were loaded.

5107fat.jpg

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

Very nice bucks. We have plenty of trail cam pictures of some great bucks, but they are holding tight in some bad country and not reaching the cameras until 12:00AM. Hopefully the acorns and late season will help.

CHWine, whoever skinned that buck sure did a nice job. You don't see that very often. Any tips on how you do it?

Look at the fat on that buck!

Eel

>CHWine, whoever skinned that buck sure
>did a nice job. You
>don't see that very often.
>Any tips on how you
>do it?
>
>Look at the fat on that
>buck!
>
>Eel

.....without a knife eel...he's a thumber

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>the trick to skin a buck
>that clean is to do
>it within minutes of the
>kill shot....
Not true. We've been skinning bucks this way for many years. A great guy near us taught my brother back in the 70's. The key is to leave the flank on the deer and not have it come off with the hide. Its hard to explain, but you start around the brisket and then go to the backbone. Then peel the hide up not down. If you start at the hams and go down, you'll almost always rip the flank. It takes a bit longer, but who's in a hurry handling a nice buck? We take our time, drink a couple of beers and enjoy doing a nice job. Its the kind of thing where if you saw it done once, you could do it.

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

Thanks for that info on skinning. I hunted on a ranch many years ago where the rancher would really razz you if you didn't leave the flank in tact. I tried, but got razzed a lot.:) I've never heard of skinning up.....but it sure turns out nice. I'm going to try that!

Eel

so your saying I'm wrong because you did it different, LOL, well i can do the very same if its skined ASAP!...

Do you hang them head up to skin? Seem like it would be a hassle to lift the hide. That is as pretty a skin job as I have ever seen. I always leave the flank and it does take time and beer!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom